I currently have 4.2.0.42 and just downloaded the newest update 4.2.0.67. When I install it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

groovin2dabe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C2D28

Thumbs down Os update from 4.2.0.42 to 4.2.0.67 Help

Advertisement

I currently have 4.2.0.42 and just downloaded the newest update 4.2.0.67. When I install it it ask me to repair or remove. I've tried both and the update does not take any affect. I've also tried reomving both the desktop software and the old 4.2.0.42 software with add remove programs in the control panel. I restarted the computer tried once again installing everything again and the update does not take affect still. My service provider is T-Mobile. Need some help please.
    Last edited by groovin2dabe; 12-10-2006 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Still need help nothing has worked from the comments so far.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Os update from 4.2.0.42 to 4.2.0.67 Help

Is this OS for your provider? You may need to delete the vendor file before you can use it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

You have to have Desktop Manager Installed to get the OS to your Blackberry.

Since you are getting a repair or remove message when installing, it sounds like you already have the software installed or are having a software conflict.

I would go on your Computer to:
    Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs> and get rid of any Blackberry 4.2 handheld softwares you see.

Now restart your Computer and Install the 4.2.0.67 on your Computer, and unless Telefonica is your provider do a search on your Computer for "Vendor.xml" and delete it.

Now connect your BB to the PC and start DM, and it should prompt you to update

PIN/ID
    204C2D28

I have T-Mobile

PIN/ID
    204C2D28

Still not working

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3

The current version is 4.2.0.64 right? Where did you get the .67?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/11486-new_os_download_your_own_risk.html .67 is the telefonica version of the software. It works just fine. I have been running it on my bb since it was released.

PIN/ID
    204C2D28

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/11486-new_os_download_your_own_risk.html .67 is the telefonica version of the software. It works just fine. I have been running it on my bb since it was released.

Does this update work with a t-mobile pearl, also how did you install it?

PIN/ID
    204C2D28

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    You have to have Desktop Manager Installed to get the OS to your Blackberry.

Since you are getting a repair or remove message when installing, it sounds like you already have the software installed or are having a software conflict.

I would go on your Computer to:
    Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs> and get rid of any Blackberry 4.2 handheld softwares you see.

Now restart your Computer and Install the 4.2.0.67 on your Computer, and unless Telefonica is your provider do a search on your Computer for "Vendor.xml" and delete it.

Now connect your BB to the PC and start DM, and it should prompt you to update
    Still getting no love updating the software I swear I've tried everything. Can I delete the update on the actual phone?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

groovin2dabe,

Here is the worse case procedure. It is drastic though.

1. Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
    2. Uninstall all version of the OS on your PC (Control Pannel Add or remove Programs)
    3. Download and execute on your PC the latest software for your BB. See this thread for links to the sofware download site for your carrier, Use the link for the version you want from the other threads.
    4. Connect you BB to your PC
    5. Open JL_Cmder,
    6. Select the Wipe Option (5)
    7. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected
      • Be sure to follow everything carefully, especially the items in Red

Hope this helps if you try it.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles