i'm not really sure what happened. I have destop softwre newest one, and i had ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

enriquemellado no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F80FE6

Question OS installation package problem..

Advertisement

i'm not really sure what happened.
    I have destop softwre newest one, and i had upgraded to AT/T .94 last time on my desktop computer. everything was going fine.

when the new os came out. i decided to upgrade like everyone else. so i installed the new os installation package, but not on my desktop this time (my desktop had to be reset and meanwhile i decided to better install everything for my pearl on my laptop), so i did. i installed the new .101 os intallation package on my laptop that had been sync'ing good with my pearl. and did the upgrade..

everything was fine.
    at first i thought i was gonna have problems with the new os (.101) so i thought i'd better either go back to the .94 i had or... downgrade to the newest before .101 which i think is .96 from Cingular/ ATt.

anyway, i uninstalled the .101 package from my pc. and downloaded the .96 from the website, i tried installing and before it starts it says the installation package isn't opening correctly and i should download it again.
    so i did.... same thing....
    re-tryed to install the .101 and same thing......
    re-downloaded both the .96 and the .101 and same thing.........
    now the only reason why i want to reintsall the package.. is:
    i don't know if I need it....
    i wanted to unlock the vendor themes (some patch someone posted on another post)

any ideas why? or anyone else had this problem?
    should I worry?
    thanks......

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: OS installation package problem..

What kind of laptop do you have? I have heard of some people with Toshiba laptops having a lot of trouble with Desktop Manager. Not sure why.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

enriquemellado no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F80FE6

Re: OS installation package problem..

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its a dell. And I didn't have problems at first