ok i went to upgrade my OS and half way through it for sum reason ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

acaijr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2066c6e8

OS Gone

Advertisement

ok i went to upgrade my OS and half way through it for sum reason an error came up and wouldnt load in the upgrade so now my phone is with out an OS does any one no how to install the software into the pearl......
    PIN:2066C6E8 (NEWEST)
    PIN:2057C6C1 (NEW)
    PIN:2057C87A (OLD)

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: OS Gone

Quote Originally Posted by acaijr
    ok i went to upgrade my OS and half way through it for sum reason an error came up and wouldnt load in the upgrade so now my phone is with out an OS does any one no how to install the software into the pearl......
    How did you try to upgrade your OS to begin with?

These are the steps I follow to upgrade, downgrade, or even reinstall my current OS:

First things first you need to backup your phone if you want to save your info. Sounds like it might be too late for that one, though.

Then you need to wipe everything off of your phone. I use JL_Cmder. I've also heard you can use App Loader to uninstall everything if you go to the right settings.

Then you need to have the Desktop Manager software and the OS you want to use installed on your computer.

You can then use App Loader in DM to install it.

If an error occurs just try again. You will need to wipe it clean again I think if it is only partially installed and an error occurs.

There are other ways to do this as well. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the subject knows a better way?

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by b_d0za; 04-07-2007 at 07:47 PM.

PIN/ID
    2066c6e8

well i went to my local cell phone provider n bought a new BB Pearl and im upgrading the new one and ill connnect the old one and try to do a restore to it... ill let you kno if it works or not.....

PIN/ID
    2066c6e8

Quote Originally Posted by b_d0za
    How did you try to upgrade your OS to begin with?

These are the steps I follow to upgrade, downgrade, or even reinstall my current OS:

First things first you need to backup your phone if you want to save your info. Sounds like it might be too late for that one, though.

Then you need to wipe everything off of your phone. I use JL_Cmder. I've also heard you can use App Loader to uninstall everything if you go to the right settings.

Then you need to have the Desktop Manager software and the OS you want to use installed on your computer.

You can then use App Loader in DM to install it.

If an error occurs just try again. You will need to wipe it clean again I think if it is only partially installed and an error occurs.

There are other ways to do this as well. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the subject knows a better way?

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

I wanna thank you very much for your info but i got it to work the way i said i was gonnna do it.....