Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

i have had the 8130 pearl for about 3 months now and ive been reading ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wlvrn no está en línea Stack level 1

os for uscellular?

Advertisement

i have had the 8130 pearl for about 3 months now and ive been reading about this verision 4.5 update, how do i find what version im on? is that something i can do or do i have to wait for uscellular to come out with one? also i noticed in the emulation mode i can change it from blackberry to microsoft ie or openwave or ms pocket ie or netscape...is blackberry the best or what is involved in changing to microsoft ie?

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    First, you can tell what os your handset is running by going options> about it should have the phone modle number --cdma then tell you the os which is 4.3 on us cell I belive. You can upgrade your os and use the release of another carrier, but it has to be cdma and for the same moble numer handset(8130). There is a lot of posts here with detailed instructions on how to download and install the os upgrade. As for the emulationmode I'm really not sure I changed it a couple times and didn't really notice big changes. The browser on 4.5 is much much better though I will say that. Good luck and welcome ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    If you have a 8130 on USCC you should be running 4.3.0.97 OS. As for upgrading to 4.5 on USCC, they have not released a official OS upgrade as of yet. But like the above post said you can use another carriers OS and it will work fine. You just have to delete the vendor file. I upgraded to a beta 4.5.0.66 and it works great! And I have USCC. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks guys! how do i delete the vender file? i have been reading about the 4.5 and it sounds much better then what im using, 4.3.0.97(thanks kreesedup)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    See this thread it should help you out.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...icial+4.5+8130

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

great thanks!!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    No problem, need any more help just Holla

Quote Originally Posted by wlvrn View Post
    great thanks!!

jjdm858 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Cheers!
    i have a Pearl 8130 too from Us cellular that has a v4.3.0.97 os
    i download a os 4.5 ( 450_b016_multilanguage) from MTS mobility and follow everything by deleting that vendor file. I plugged my BB but it will not upgrade my OS. what am i doing wrong?? pls help.! getting frustrated?/ ;-(

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Ok so you have successfully downloaded and installed the new OS to your pc. And located the vendor file and deleted it, right? From this point you should open up your DM, (I had to click on options in DM) and it should tell you there is a update ready for your device. Click to install.

Quote Originally Posted by jjdm858 View Post
    i have a Pearl 8130 too from Us cellular that has a v4.3.0.97 os
    i download a os 4.5 ( 450_b016_multilanguage) from MTS mobility and follow everything by deleting that vendor file. I plugged my BB but it will not upgrade my OS. what am i doing wrong?? pls help.! getting frustrated?/ ;-(

PIN/ID
    ask me
    One more thing make sure you do a back up on your device before you start your upgrade. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Here is a great thread to read on how to upgrade your OS. Hope this will help.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929

PIN/ID
    Cheers!
    oh boy..i must be doing something wrong here...i follow the instruction, Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
    Open Desktop Manager.
    then plugged my bb and open the dm but it doesn't an upgrade..that's is where i'm stuck..the dm will not reconized an upgrade!
    pls,pls help..
    thanks

PIN/ID
    Cheers!
    oh boy..i must be doing something wrong here...i follow the instruction, Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
    Open Desktop Manager.
    then plugged my bb and open the dm but it doesn't an upgrade..that's is where i'm stuck..the dm will not reconized an upgrade!
    pls,pls help..
    thanks

i even tried to open the options but here is none :-((

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I am kinda stumped myself. But if you have not tried upgrading your dm yet, yet that and see if that will help. Here is the link to do that http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

I will still search to see if there is a solution for you.

timluff no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3013FC64
    Just out of curiousity...did you go through the application loader process after you plugged in your BB??

I installed 4.5.0.56 a few weeks ago. Anyone else having a problem with their camera or video? I get the "could not start the camera. Close all applications and try opening the camera again"

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast