I upgraded my 8100 from 4.2 t0 4.5. Overall I am very happy, the phone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

catattoo no está en línea Stack level 1

OS 4.5 problems

Advertisement

I upgraded my 8100 from 4.2 t0 4.5. Overall I am very happy, the phone keeps more memory available and it runs much better.

I tried all of the upgrades for the desktop software but cannot make the Roxio media manager part work on either of my computers. I just went back to 4.2 on the desktop as it works well and serves my needs.

A few things are driving me crazy on the phone;

Most of the time when I open my media I get the initial screen and about 1/3 of a red bar across the bottom and the word scanning. The bar does not move or change. I can access my photos on my memory card from this screen but nothing else on the memory card. I have to choose explore from the menu to see everything else.

Also every time I open blackberry messenger it tells me I have switched to a new device and wants me to update my contacts, every time no matter which option I chose the last time!

Minor stuff but kind of annoying! Any ideas on resolving these issues?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    On the 4.5 upgrade when you have a media card and load music up from your computer the best way to describe it is the BB burps and needs a few minutes for the phone to scan all of the new items on your media card. I would recommend letting your phone sit for a good 5-10 minutes without touching it.(hard thing to do for most bb users!) This will give it enough time for the phone to process all the new items in the media card and not multitask while doing it. In addition if it takes too long I would also recommend doing a hard reboot and then following the aforementioned procedure over again.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    what BES Noob said

PIN/ID
    just ask
    In regards to your BBM have you tried to update your contacts and it continues to ask you to update?

What version of 4.5 do you have?

v4.5.0.55 I believe it was from vodaphone. Yes I have tried that but it still does it. The hard reboot seemed to clear up the media part

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Have you tried removing contacts and readding them?

Nope, Duh! but I will. Thanks for all your help.