Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just "upgraded" to OS 4.5 and have noticed that my free memory has been ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

scoope no está en línea Stack level 2

OS 4.5 and memory

Advertisement

I just "upgraded" to OS 4.5 and have noticed that my free memory has been greatly reduced. With 4.2 after my usual weekly soft reset (including clearing cache, logs etc.) I would have around 38 MB of free memory.

With 4.5 I do a reset and have about 31 MB, use the phone for one task and check memory and I only have about 27 MB.

In effect 4.5 has cost me more than 10 MB.

Is this the norm?

Simon

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Memory's usually enhanced with the upgrade scoope

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Memory's usually enhanced with the upgrade scoope
    I know - I did experience a memory enhancement when I went to 4.2 but this time the exact opposite.

Is there anything that I can do?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You should have gained memory. Might see what others who went from 4.2 to 4.5 say and if they report gains I would reinstall the 4.5.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    In my experience 4.5 is a memory hog. I had over 40 mb free with 4.2 and now with 4.5.0.102 I'm lucky if I have 20 mb free. So it sounds like ur doin better than me lol via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kpmil1967 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anybody know where I can get OS 4.5 for my T-mobile 8820? Their website doesn't have it yet.

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Kpmil1967 you can use any os from any carrier as long as it's made for your device. So you could download
    Here's a link to At&t's latest 4.5 for the 8820 https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

chazz6422 no está en línea Stack level 2
    same problem with me :-/ i went to UPG to 4.5 and now my GoBible won't fit "file too large."

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    Ya, I lost around 5mb of memory from 4.2 to 4.5 , but I don't use many apps and don't have games right now.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

Paulbob58 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    311A1AE6
    I have the same problem with mine, upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5, and my free memory in the status seems to always be at 0%. I have a 4 gig mem card and after all the music I wanna listen to and pics, etc. I still have 2.2 gigs left, but the thing that is slowing my phone down is the 0%. There are no extra apps running. It seems after a battery pull I get some mem back, but after I run a couple apps like internet or Y!GO it goes back to nothing. Weird.

Are you sure you are looking at Memory (File Free) in Status?

In Status Battery is measured in % but File Free is measured in Bytes. I usually have between 21-25 MB free with 4.5 down from around 38 MB.

PIN/ID
    311A1AE6
    Quote Originally Posted by scoope View Post
    Are you sure you are looking at Memory (File Free) in Status?

In Status Battery is measured in % but File Free is measured in Bytes. I usually have between 21-25 MB free with 4.5 down from around 38 MB.
    Your right, I did mean to say bytes. Oops! Still I bummed that it is at 0 bytes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbob58 View Post
    Your right, I did mean to say bytes. Oops! Still I bummed that it is at 0 bytes.
    How much free memory did you before you upgraded?

Also how does your pearl funtion, is it very slow? - I would have thought with no memory it would not be able to function.

PIN/ID
    311A1AE6
    Honestly I don't remembering how much was on there before the upgrade. Sometimes it runs really slow, and sometimes it runs normal despite there being 0 bytes of memory. like it will "think" forever and I have to do a battery pull. I've had this same berry for about 3 years now. Ready for an upgrade. What I really want is an unlocked Storm.com

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    With 4.5 it slowed my opera browser down. I get the hourglass a lot even with picture settings low. It will load the whole page and then load randomly during looking at it. No other apps running at all.

I wish I hadn't went to 4.5 OS lol
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast