Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

has anyone tried to get streaming video and audio through orb to work w/4.5?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

markjnj no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

has anyone tried to get streaming video and audio through orb to work w/4.5?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Finally getting the chance to install this. However, I had to upgrade my OS to a newer version of 4.3 and it deleted a theme I had, and Uno Free Fall. Reinstalled missing apps.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-29-2008 at 09:44 PM.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~damn I need the 8130

dclawyer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anyone get 4.5 to work with UMA calls on the T-Mobile 8120? I'm waiting until UMA calling is confirmed before I move to 4.5.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by markjnj View Post
    has anyone tried to get streaming video and audio through orb to work w/4.5?
    The application (orb) hung my 8120 on 4.5 completely - I'm going back to 4.3 and wait for a better version. This thing is OK but it's not ready for prime time IMO.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

markjnj no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    The application (orb) hung my 8120 on 4.5 completely - I'm going back to 4.3 and wait for a better version. This thing is OK but it's not ready for prime time IMO.
    thanks, I tried it and wasn't able to get any streamin just acess to my photos. I'm going back to 4.3 as well until tmo's 4.5 is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyclavette View Post
    I'm a Canadian using cellphones on Rogers. I just bought a T-Mobile 8120 on Ebay and got it unlocked then inserted my Rogers SIM card in it. Everything was ok except the UMA. I can not make the cellphone go on UMA. It gives me Error code: W006.1 Status: ISP or T-Mobile Network error. So I downloaded the 4.5.0.37 Rogers OS upgrade thinking that it would chage the UMA setting to the Rogers ones. But no luck it still gives me that error. I spend 10 hours on this issue and can not resolve it. Can some one please help me resolve this or at lease shine some light the right way. Thanks in Advance.
    Joey,

When you get a chance, describe in detail the process you're using to get UMA up and when you get the error and let's see if we can help you. If you have a strong wi-fi signal you should have NO problem getting (at least) connected. Are you scanning for available networks, etc? and going through that process? On my 8120 on 4.5 the wireless works BUT I never got the UMA (or uma) to display in the upper-right of the display.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was connected to my wifi as well, but no UMA in corner and no fast internet.

juniorsy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had same problems with uma spend 2 days on it and no luck so I downgraded~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by tws777 View Post
    I was connected to my wifi as well, but no UMA in corner and no fast internet.
    Under 4.5 I 1) was connected to wi-fi, 2) no UMA indication displayed and 3) internet was very fast - that's how I knew I was connected to and using wi-fi...BUT, many of the applications that worked under 4.3 didn't under 4.5 so I'm back on 4.3 for now.

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Under 4.5 I 1) was connected to wi-fi, 2) no UMA indication displayed and 3) internet was very fast - that's how I knew I was connected to and using wi-fi...BUT, many of the applications that worked under 4.3 didn't under 4.5 so I'm back on 4.3 for now.
    I was considering downgrading due to the problems listed in my prev posts, but most have been fixed. However, since the BIS w/ html came out, I'm going to stick it out for now. I only use wifi about 5-10% of my data usage anyways. No biggie!

Does everyone else get error messages after rebooting like the 4.5 betas did?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Upgraded to 4.5 on my 8120 and have a WEIRD issue. When I open BB Messenger, it shows I have a total of 72 contacts, but ONLY 2 are displayed. Should I restore ONLY my BB Messenger contacts?

tmorrison22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E8A8E1
    Quote Originally Posted by dclawyer View Post
    Anyone get 4.5 to work with UMA calls on the T-Mobile 8120? I'm waiting until UMA calling is confirmed before I move to 4.5.
    i dont think anyone has confermed this for you. im about to make the move now. i will let you know how it goes. for me...as long as i dont have the memory leak problem i will be happy!

dclawyer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tmorrison22 View Post
    i dont think anyone has confermed this for you. im about to make the move now. i will let you know how it goes. for me...as long as i dont have the memory leak problem i will be happy!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure now that it's broken. No 4.5 for me yet I guess. :-(

jasondyer no está en línea Stack level 1
    SIM card just gave up the ghost in my 8120. I've been using the 4.5.37 released by Rogers.

Sigh... Do you guys think this is related to using 4.5 on a TMO 8120? I didn't think the Pearl's were having SIM issues with 4.5.

What's it cost to replace a SIM card?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast