Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ so for the people who downloaded the new os, has your phone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ so for the people who downloaded the new os, has your phone been pretty stable or what?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by pearl-8100 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ so for the people who downloaded the new os, has your phone been pretty stable or what?
    I'd say stable with a few "buggY' quirks in the operation - nothing serious enough to make be go back yet. I still have a few things I want to try but remember that I'm a wi-fi only tester - no data plan. Other opinions?

UPDATE: AND one other thing! I actually downloaded a video from You Tube and played it - streaming video via wi-fi! I'd forgotten that feature was in 4.5 - I can live with the bugs if I can stream videos!
    Last edited by jblackfish; 06-25-2008 at 10:24 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I installed it the other day. Works good for me so far. And also youtube works great!
    ]

PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is streaming video fast without wifi. Because sometimes I'm not in a hotspot

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Depends on whether you have edge or not - nothing's fast in Little Rock without wi-fi.

PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB 8120(wap.pinstack.com)~yes I have EDGE

Quote Originally Posted by pearl-8100 View Post
    ~via BB 8120(wap.pinstack.com)~yes I have EDGE
    ...then you can turn off your wi-fi and try to stream using EDGE and see how fast it is. To me, it would be fast because all I have here is GPRS - without wi-fi most internet activity and streaming would be unusable. It's all relative I guess.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    I had the 4.5 installed on my old 8100.. it was beta tho.. im guessing this one is going to better since it looks like its an official rim release... im going to install either today or tomorrow on the 8120- lets see if everything i hope for comes true!
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

frazzel001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am going to give this a go on my 02 8120 and see what happens! looks like there are not too many bugs so far!

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Alrighty, here's my mini review of this 4.5.0.37 Rogers 8120 OS. I downloaded the OS last night and have been messing with it every since. Few "bugs" I have noticed.

1. My text messages still show the red ! on every message I receive.
    2. When I reboot, all of my icons rearrange and folders disappear on 3rd party themes. (which is weird because it always remembers my wallpaper)
    3. I still get an error message after a reboot.
    4. Affect on 3rd party apps (I.E. - my WeatherEye won't display the weather on the icon itself, and Google Maps (and some other apps) won't change when highlighted. I don't know how to explain it, you know when the little hand on the google maps icon moves when highlighted, that's what I'm talking about.

Everything else works
    1. Streaming video, camera's, etc.
    2. Browser seems faster (could be my imagination).

I beleive this is the same 4.5 as the beta OS. It has the exact same problems as the beta I was running. No differences. I may downgrade until they get this OS working properly. The icons rearranging upon reboot is enough to drive me CRAZY!

Oh, one more thing -- BBSMART MY ALARMS PRO WON'T WORK! I get an error "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"

This is so frustrating. I am definetely downgrading to 4.3 as soon as I get home today.

Quote Originally Posted by tws777 View Post
    Oh, one more thing -- BBSMART MY ALARMS PRO WON'T WORK! I get an error "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"

This is so frustrating. I am definetely downgrading to 4.3 as soon as I get home today.
    One other Pro is that my memory doubled from 5 million bytes to 11 million. IDK why?

Well, this is weird, now my BBSmart Alarms Pro work and my WeatherEye is updating on the icon. Also, my text messages no longer contain red !'s. This is good, now if I could just do a reboot and all my apps appear as I left them.

Bananafish no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm happy with everything except that minimonitor doesn't work. does anyone know of another application that will track data in 4.5?

joeyclavette no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm a Canadian using cellphones on Rogers. I just bought a T-Mobile 8120 on Ebay and got it unlocked then inserted my Rogers SIM card in it. Everything was ok except the UMA. I can not make the cellphone go on UMA. It gives me Error code: W006.1 Status: ISP or T-Mobile Network error. So I downloaded the 4.5.0.37 Rogers OS upgrade thinking that it would chage the UMA setting to the Rogers ones. But no luck it still gives me that error. I spend 10 hours on this issue and can not resolve it. Can some one please help me resolve this or at lease shine some light the right way. Thanks in Advance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast