Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sweet! I'm going to dl as soon as I get home for my 8120... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Sweet! I'm going to dl as soon as I get home for my 8120

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    i will give it a go as well later today, and post my issues if I have any. I used a Rogers Os on my 8100, v109, and it fixed most of my problems with my pearl1, just remember to delete the vender axe file
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    i just updated mine... but now i have little red exclamation points next to all my old SMS messages... not a super huge deal but a little annoying. Also when i open them they all say "reply requested" like they're emails.

The media players buttons look a little different and i can't seem to find the Docs to Go but other than that, so far so good
    All's Fair in Love and TAGGING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbean7916 View Post
    i just updated mine... but now i have little red exclamation points next to all my old SMS messages... not a super huge deal but a little annoying. Also when i open them they all say "reply requested" like they're emails.

The media players buttons look a little different and i can't seem to find the Docs to Go but other than that, so far so good
    The Docs To Go on the DM defaults with no check. You need to run Appl Loader and manually check Docs To Go and it will install. Just a FYI, it takes up a good chunk of memory.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by syn92 View Post
    And I can save that off of the Tmo website correct?
    Yes you can grab your original device software off the TMO website.

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    good deal...i think i'll try the 4.5 on my old 8100 first, then just wait to see if upgrades happen this wknd as speculated...then the 8120 will get some new lovin

PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    Quote Originally Posted by tws777 View Post
    The Docs To Go on the DM defaults with no check. You need to run Appl Loader and manually check Docs To Go and it will install. Just a FYI, it takes up a good chunk of memory.
    Thanks! If its taking up lots of memory i don't know if it would really be worth it for me personally... now can you help me find my facebook app?? I see it in the Applications list but can't find the silly icon ANYWHERE!!

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Thanks! If its taking up lots of memory i don't know if it would really be worth it for me personally... now can you help me find my facebook app?? I see it in the Applications list but can't find the silly icon ANYWHERE!!
    Even with show all enabled?

PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    of course!!

of course!!
    LOL

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I might give this a try since it came from RIM
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Realize that I'm testing this on my spare 8120, no data plan so things like email don't enter in to this picture. I'm only using wi-fi so some applications didn't work on the previous 4.3.

What works fine:
    Camera (still and video) - no problems.
    Opera Mini browsing - no problems.
    Media Player - seems to work without problem
    Wi-fi operation - it's really fast although no "uma" or "UMA" appears at upper-right of screen. I can tell it's working - it seems faster than 4.3.
    Documents to Go - I couldn't register and, since I don't have email and haven't attempted to remove the media card to put something on it, I can't really verify anything except that the pgm executes

Problems found:
    Pinstack Launcher - no display - all I can get when it appears to load a page is a "white" blank screen. It doesn't matter where in Pinstack I try to go. I re-downloaded the launcher, rebooted, no help. This is one I'd really like to get fixed! It worked fine under 4.3.
    Viigo - didn't work - I think this is a wi-fi problem - it didn't work on 4.3 wi-fi only either. (Downloads/installs fine - when I execute it goes to WAP settings - I select T-mobile. Then, at the bottom of that screen it lists "Access Point: Blackberry.net" and leaves a "Gateway IP" empty for filling in. I don't know what to put in for that and when I try to execute it I get "A problem occurred when trying to create or access your account. There may be insufficient coverage, or the server may be offline. Please try again blah, blah....
    Soft Reset Pgm - doesn't work - attempting to use results in:
    "Uncaught exeption: Java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" I can press "OK" and back out and continue.

A noticed quirk:
    Google, the search function works fine, BUT after the seach displays and I return (esc key) to the search screen and attempt clear the search argument (using the delete key) it's "hung." I have to back out (esc key again(all the way and start over each time. This all worked perfectly under 4.3.

That's all I've found so far - if anyone has an idea about the Pinstack Launcher I'd appreciate a comment.

Last edited by jblackfish; 06-24-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention Documents to Go
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    UMA calling doesn't work, thou Wifi does work. Pinstack launcher does work for me,but I can't click on post reply but I am able to only read the forum, and but not post anything.

I am also having problems with filling out forms, it won't let me type into certain things (for example when I was filling out info for Documents to go to register it.

As for everything else, most application seem to work including opera. I think I am going to bookmark wap.pinstack.com in there to see if that will work

The biggest bummer is the UMA Calling, I have only 1 or two bars at my house.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Ok now I'm confused. Can someone tell me the difference between 4.3 and 4.5 (other than the number)what does it offer that the 4.3 aleady gives? According to earlier threads there the same??

Quote Originally Posted by stuart B View Post
    Ok now I'm confused. Can someone tell me the difference between 4.3 and 4.5 (other than the number)what does it offer that the 4.3 aleady gives? According to earlier threads there the same??

4.5 has Docs to Go/ HTML capabilities (after BIS 2.5 of course)/ streaming video/ new feature in browser (google search, dictionary.com, & wiki search).

There is probably more that I'm forgetting

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast