Is 4.2.0.64 the latest os for the pearl? Travis I can't send PM yet 2 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

caucasion no está en línea Stack level 2

os 4.2.0.64 latest os

Advertisement

Is 4.2.0.64 the latest os for the pearl?

Travis I can't send PM yet 2 more posts but thanks for the PM

Eli

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: os 4.2.0.64 latest os

no problem, and the os .64 is the latest released by tmo but there are others out there.
    I run 4.2.1.94
    works great for me, others have had issues, i fortunately have not yet
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

you're lucky, I've had some issues with voice. mic suddenly going out and other side can't hear me and not coming back until call is ended and then redialed, oh or sometimes call connecting and not hearing ring/sound for either side... i'm still not downgrading though, lol.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Rogers has been ok to me too (knock on wood)

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am also running .94 with no issues. Cingular has .89 out, no idea how different than.94

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    you're lucky, I've had some issues with voice. mic suddenly going out and other side can't hear me and not coming back until call is ended and then redialed, oh or sometimes call connecting and not hearing ring/sound for either side... i'm still not downgrading though, lol.

exactly what happened to me. for 20 or so seconds of a call, they would not be able to hear me and vice versa. it got so bad, i did end up downgrading to the cingular, though. others have had no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    i am also running .94 with no issues. Cingular has .89 out, no idea how different than.94

i don't think it is a whole new version from the original cingular .73. i know the "package version" is 4.2.0.89, but the applications version is still 4.2.0.73. that is the one i downgraded to. have had absolutely no problems with it.

can be found here

PIN/ID
    spam=no

I made the suggestion to a fellow user that they get .73. It may not be the fastest version out, but IMO it's the most stable. I had 0 probs with it.. but I need RAZZLE DAZZLE so I have 1.94.. won't matter in a day or so, i'm kicking the suretype and downgrading (feels like upgrading) to an 8700g running on that new 4.2 OS for the 8700 series..

I've decided to never leave qwerty again. from the 8700 i'm going to 8300/8320 on tmo (whenever that happens) and then only doing qwerty upgrades for the future. These daily business emails have finally broken me.

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

thing that sucks about the t-mo one is that callers cant hear you for like the 1st sec .94 works pretty well for me

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I downgraded from .94 to .73 (thanks blackninja) today because I was having so many problems with my phone getting the hourglass of death when I was in multiple applications at the same time. I tried wiping my BB and reinstalling .94 but it still didn't improve.

The .73 os still allows me to send voice notes via BB messenger and has a few of the other features I liked about .66 and .94 so right now I'm happy with the .73 Cingular os.

Tmo needs to get off theirs butts and come out with an upgrade though. Lol

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    Tmo needs to get off theirs butts and come out with an upgrade though. Lol
    forget an upgrade, they need to get us the 8300 or 8320 ASAP. I've become so fedup of suretype that I ordered a 8700g to hold me until it gets released.

and fu... umm.. I mean 'forget' t-mo germany, we deserve it first.

RAAAA! *fired up*

caucasion no está en línea Stack level 2

So I can try .94 and risk "issues" or stick to .64 and not use radio buttons. I would like to try it but I use my pearl as a work phone and can't risk missing calls at all because I work in sales and have commision based pay.