Hey all, I just installed .101, with vendor.xml deleted, and all I get is a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Colininco no está en línea Stack level 2

Question OS .101 install issues...

Advertisement

Hey all,

I just installed .101, with vendor.xml deleted, and all I get is a white screen w/ the hourglass, even after several battery pulls.... ideas?

heavychevy no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: OS .101 install issues...

it usually takes awhile on that screen, like 15-20 minutes...
    You may just need to give it some time and let it do its thing.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

You've already put the OS on your phone and now you have nothing but a blank screen and the phone won't start up at all?

If that's correct I'd wipe your BB and do another install.

kre8berry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Yeah.. when I did it the other day, it was easily like 20 minutes or so of white with hour glass... I would do another clean install...
    kre8berry

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Mine took almost 40 minutes one time. Looked like nothing, nothing, nothing was happening. I resisted the urge to pull the battery, and finally it came back up.

Let it do its thing. Every time you pull the batt in mid stream, it has to start over. You might have jacked up the install doing this, so don't be surprised if it fails to complete, and you have to do a wipe and start over.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Installation does take quite a long time, just be patient and keep an eye on the progress bars but if they don't move for a while DON'T pull the plug. Sometimes it looks like it's not doing anything but it is.

My question is; do you get the white screen after completing the whole install?

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

I flashed 3 times yesterday. It takes a long time on that screen. lol Just pay attention to the apps progress bar on the pc.

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

yea upgraded mine today.. i'd say about 20 min. for the whole installation to complete, it sucks waiting too, i just got it today and decided to upgrade before playing around w/ it, you can imagine the temptation lol

but yea it was on the white screen w/ the hourglass for a good 10 min. at least

Colininco no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks all,

I was freaking out, (I had my comp crash during the update the first time, and thought for sure I was screwed!!! no screen, just 2 red flashes!) and then after I finally got the OS on it, the hourglass really bugged me after 3 installs.... BUT have no fear! It has restarted, and yes, .101 is faster!!!!

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Yup, i cannot go back to older FW, this one so far is perfect, exept it sometimes does give faulty instalation, unfourtenutly i had to install it twise, as the first time i got the memory leak, its mostly fixed, just happenes on a bad instalation.