Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have used the official release from RIM to upgrade my 8120! All seems well ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

StefanSmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206839C0

OS4.5 from RIM - where is Docs To Go

Advertisement

I have used the official release from RIM to upgrade my 8120! All seems well and all went well...so I thought, except Docs To Go is no where to be seen!!!!!

Is this possibly because T-Mobile UK don't yet support 4.5???

The abililty to download attachments is there and I have tried this...all works well. But Docs To Go just doesn't show and in fact downloading a spreadsheet brings up a warning message that I cannot view the attachment on the device once downloaded.

Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

TIA

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    can you see document to go in your desktop manager?
    if so is it checked, unchecked, grayed out?
    if you need I can grab the Docs to Go .cod files and E-mail them to you then you can just add them to your java folder on your PC and it should load them right up.
    let me know
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    206839C0
    Hi, thanks for replying so quickly....good point about DM! Have checked that - nothing there at all to install relating Docs To Go. So - on that basis - I will take you up on your offer to email the .cod files!!! That would be hugely appreciated. Will send you email address by PM. Huge thanks....

yeah no problem.
    I can't promise you that it will work, but in theory it should.
    you will have to let me know though.

feel free to PIN me if you can't PM
    31a52e1c
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    206839C0
    Need to make one more post to send a PM! So this is it....

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Stefan, to be clear, have you successfully loaded 4.5 onto your device? If so, you should be able to go into the DM>Application Loader>Add / Remove Applications and scroll down a ways to find the Docs2Go app.

PIN/ID
    206839C0
    To RoGro:

Well, AFAIK yes - if I go to the about screen it shows 4.5.0.55 (2.7.0.68)

I upgraded via the RIM site (rather than my carrier)...I have also resent service books just in case. The upgrade process seemed to go just fine...no reported errors and everything was reported as working fine from the installer.

Clearly, something has gone wrong because for whatever reason Docs To Go isn't on the device.

In terms of DM (I have 4.6), I have rebooted PC, connected 8120, and gone to Add/Remove apps....Docs To Go is not showing up.

As said, I have downloaded an excel file to the memory card...a feature only available in 4.5, so it is definitely working!

The device itself seems fine. Just no Docs To Go.

I suppose the alternative question for me to ask is whether Docs To Go should appear under DM????? Or it is installed to the device during the upgrade (if doing the upgrade via the RIM site)????

I don't have tons of apps installed....and 17mb free on a reboot, so I am presuming this is enough for Docs To Go?

If I get the .COD files I will try those and see if it works and will report the results.

ok .zip file sent.
    good luck pin me if you need help I'm going to be away from the computer for a bit.

ok gmail is giving me trouble it's saying that I have an executable file in the .zip but there is none. anyway I'm trying a different mail service get it out to you soon

yo man your E-mail address is funked.
    re-send me your address.
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 10-03-2008 at 12:55 PM.

baltee no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204ef1df
    The manual addition usually throws most off on their first load of docs to go. Ive found it to be a good idea to keep the install of the newest version on my machine, so that I don't have to do a manual update each time..

Stefan,

A couple more questions.....you mentioned you installed directly from the RIM site. Was that the new "upgrade" process they came out with or did you download and install the OS to your PC and install through the DM?

Thanks,
    Roger

baltee no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204ef1df
    The dataviz site, will link you to the download for BES Admins, which provides the files needed for desktop install or BES install.

Cheers

PIN/ID
    206839C0
    To RoGro: This was via the new "UPGRADE" process on the RIM site itself...it does something to DM but the whole update is through the web browser rather than launching the DM and upgrading via that.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanSmith View Post
    To RoGro: This was via the new "UPGRADE" process on the RIM site itself...it does something to DM but the whole update is through the web browser rather than launching the DM and upgrading via that.
    Okay, last question!

Go to your Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features on Vista) and look for BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 and let me know if you find anything!

PIN/ID
    206839C0
    To: BALTEE - Many many thanks for the link. I have down as you said and indeed if you follow the IT/Admin link on the BB page on Dataviz.com you can register and get the .ALX files. I now have Docs To Go fully working on the device.

To: RoGro - no. In Add/Remove, there is DM 4.6 and BB Software Updater (but nothing which specifically points to 4.5 OS).

All now solved. Still a mystery why it never got downloaded but thanks to all the help very very easily resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanSmith View Post
    To: BALTEE - Many many thanks for the link. I have down as you said and indeed if you follow the IT/Admin link on the BB page on Dataviz.com you can register and get the .ALX files. I now have Docs To Go fully working on the device.

To: RoGro - no. In Add/Remove, there is DM 4.6 and BB Software Updater (but nothing which specifically points to 4.5 OS).

All now solved. Still a mystery why it never got downloaded but thanks to all the help very very easily resolved.
    That's why you couldn't load it through the DM. The device OS needs to be on your PC in order to use the Application Loader function within the Desktop Manager.

Anway, glad you got it sorted out!

Roger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast