I noticed that there is a new version of OS released for the 8120 (4.3.0.99). ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

j_j
    j_j no está en línea Stack level 2

Os

Advertisement

I noticed that there is a new version of OS released for the 8120 (4.3.0.99). I am running 4.3.0.20. Does anybody know where I can get a list of what has changed since my version.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    here is where to find the latest OS for any carrier:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...oad_sites.html

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Does this 8120 upgrade work for the 8130 at all?

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    no bc the 8120 is a gsm phone and the 8130 is a cdma phone

j_j
    j_j no está en línea Stack level 2
    BenMarvin:

Thanks for the info...but my phone is unlocked and can therefore work on any carrier. It just so happens that my carrier does not carry the 8120 as a result they are not in the list. In my case, what OS should I load and would I see much improvement from the current OS that I have. Does any one know what has changed in the OS. Where might I be able to get a list of what has changed in the OS updates.

sddspence no está en línea Stack level 2
    look to see which carrier has this new OS you are looking for. It doesn't matter which carrier you use AS LONG AS its for the 8120! Using another models firmware will probably brick your phone.

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0
    Hi Ben,
    I don't think anyone's gotten around yet to compiling a good list of differences/bugs in the various 8120 OS offerings--is that what you're seeking?
    This link will at least help you find the newest one, usually the highest number:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_29jan08.html

In my experience with the Pearl, the new OS's were typically slightly quicker and less buggy, with some occasional exceptions where an earlier OS was actually better. I don't think we've got enough people running the 8120 and reporting back yet to say if there are problems with a particular OS yet.
    Hope that helps a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by j_j View Post
    BenMarvin:

Thanks for the info...but my phone is unlocked and can therefore work on any carrier. It just so happens that my carrier does not carry the 8120 as a result they are not in the list. In my case, what OS should I load and would I see much improvement from the current OS that I have. Does any one know what has changed in the OS. Where might I be able to get a list of what has changed in the OS updates.

TornadoDivine no está en línea Stack level 2
    actually the newest version of the 8120 os is 4.3.0.105, this link is really good for the latest updates for all devices

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86
    BIS | 4.3.0.105
    there's no sense crying over every mistake
    you just keep going until you run out of cake