I ordered the flip for my wife from T-Mobile and they sent me the Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ImBrocks3 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down Ordered 8220, received the 8120 instead :(

Advertisement

I ordered the flip for my wife from T-Mobile and they sent me the Pearl 8120. She was pretty bummed out...

I called TM and they said they would send the right phone right out, but I had to ship the 8120 back or I would be charged for both phones. Bad day...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Bummer! Not too surprised they want the other one back though - the carrier that guarantees "If we ship the wrong phone you can keep it" hasn't happened yet.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    Me too.

I received confirmation it was delivered yesterday got home and saw it was an 8120. WTF. Tmobile was nice about it but what a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by ImBrocks3 View Post
    I ordered the flip for my wife from T-Mobile and they sent me the Pearl 8120. She was pretty bummed out...

I called TM and they said they would send the right phone right out, but I had to ship the 8120 back or I would be charged for both phones. Bad day...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    awh...total bummer! especially since its friday

sorry to hear ...

Maybe T-mo is overstocked on 8120's and they think if they ship enough 8120's in place of 8220's people will just accept it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3
    Exact same thing happened to me!! I was soooo mad, especially because I had paid for the expedited shipping. I told them I was not happy about the way they handled it because they said they would not ship the correct one until they had confirmation that I had sent the wrong one back. I had the tracking number for UPS, but they said they had to wait until the UPS system showed the package. I told them that was unacceptable, and they somehow confirmed with UPS that they did have the package, and I was able to go to the local store and get the phone for the upgrade price. So in the end, I did get the phone the same day, but boy was I not a happy camper!! Now I have to keep track to make sure they credit my account for the wrong phone. Knowing them, that's going to be another hour on the phone with customer service!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    good idea, maybe if the OP hasn't shipped his back, he can do the same!

bboyPHOENIX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24aa5cd9
    I used to work for the western united states shipping division, based out of Phoenix. It's called QDI wireless. and I pulled orders for phone stores including t-mobile exclusive stores. Thousands of phones and as soon as an order came in, one of us runners would get it and fill the order. There are procedures since alot of the phones were similar i.e. 8120 and 8220, but it would go out anyway, and we'd find out what happened when it slowed down. Once, I sent out 40 phones and vssim cards to a store in hawaii, and we couldn't charge the guy cause I didnt scan the imei's on the boxes (they come 5 to a box with scan codes on the side of the larger box) and I had to scan 5000 phones just to figure out the imei's of the ones I sent without scanning out. small mistake. Jeeze you don't even wanna start on accessories and what they paid versus what they sold for... .32 cents for a charger, and turn around and sell it for $22.... that was crazy... I miss that job... =(

steveh8231 no está en línea Stack level 1
    OK, this is off topic, but I am trying to decide between the 8120 and the 8220. Is there anything different about the 82 besides the fact it's a flip phone?

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    The 8220 is running 4.6 while the 8120 runs 4.3 . The 8220 has a larger screen and keyboard. Other than that, I'm not sure of many differences other than the flip.

Kentucky no está en línea Stack level 1

Same thing but They did it Twice

I had the same thing happen to me. Yet when they sent the replacement, I got the same mistake.

So now on Monday, I will see if the new package has the right phone. T-mobiles tracking system sucks.

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me. Yet when they sent the replacement, I got the same mistake.

So now on Monday, I will see if the new package has the right phone. T-mobiles tracking system sucks.
    It happened to you twice? That makes me nervous for when mine arrives -- if it ever arrives!

ImBrocks3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    We did finally get the right phone and I have to say I am very happy. What a cool phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ImBrocks3 View Post
    We did finally get the right phone and I have to say I am very happy. What a cool phone.
    Great Im. Glad you finally got it - enjoy and let us know how're doing with it.

badboy69 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm having the same problem with getting the wrong phone. I sent the wrong one back. Still waiting for my flip BB