Not sure if you stackers have checked this out... http://www.orb.com/ I've tested it out and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

akamurph no está en línea Stack level 2

Orb.com

Advertisement

Not sure if you stackers have checked this out... http://www.orb.com/

I've tested it out and it works pretty well, I can watch any video on my home pc from my Pearl, and it is smooth (knocked the settings down a little bit).

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Orb.com

Don't you have to have a tv tuner on you computer to use this? Also, it used to always be for Sprint and VZW customers.... Is that still true?

akamurph no está en línea Stack level 2

yeah, nevermind... I actually watched the video on my co-worker's Dash - I loaded it up on my Pearl and can see the video 'image', the length of it, etc, but when I actually play it I get a msg about unsupported media...

That site is a cood idea, but the mobile phone needs to have Windows Media Player, TCPMP, RealPlayer, or 3GP Player...

BBdrummer no está en línea Stack level 2

This would be awesome if it worked...the ability to view any photo, play any music, or watch any video loaded on your pc from your Pearl anytime??? Is there any way to get it to work for the Pearl? It seems like there must be, but I have no idea how.

Until then, I'll give it a shot on my Wii.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

this requires ur pc to be on 24/7 and it opens up ports on on ur pc that have potential to make ur pc vulnerable on broadband internet.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

BBdrummer no está en línea Stack level 2

So...it's just a bad idea all around?

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Quote Originally Posted by jhowle
    this requires ur pc to be on 24/7 and it opens up ports on on ur pc that have potential to make ur pc vulnerable on broadband internet.
    Why is that a problem? And your computer won't necessarily be vulnerable if you open ports. If you open a certain port or a few ports it's fine. Just don't open a lot of them. Open those you need and use often. My computer stays on all day everyday with ports open. Doesn't make it vulnerable.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE