I'm experimenting using Super C to convert video to the AVI format for my phone. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Optimal bitrate setting for encoding video??

Advertisement

I'm experimenting using Super C to convert video to the AVI format for my phone. So far, it works great, but I want a file that shows clear video without using the highest bitrate setting since that produces a bigger file. What would be a good balance for small filesize and a good picture?

smartphish no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.

Re: Optimal bitrate setting for encoding video??

I suggest using one of the applications do just do it all for you, its easy and the results are beautiful. A stacker in the forums has a nice free one that works perfectly.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

smartphish no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.

Baconismidog is the guys name, his software is the bomb and free.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm transcoding my videos to 240x180 res, 64kbps mp3 audio and a 230k mpeg video stream, they look really good. I simply used all the recommend params from the Video Encoding thread here on Pinstack and over on BBF.

Some videos look better than others -- obviously the mpegs come out the best since I doubt there's any transcoding at all just an adjustment downwards of the streams. In some cases I get better results using an original Quicktime MOV file than I do trying to make a new version of it, the BlackBerry seems to handle MOV files really well on it's own that are mpeg inside (not h.263 or whatever that is).