Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I use tmo - i have an 8700g now with full qwerty.... my biggest reason ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916

Opinions!

Advertisement

I use tmo - i have an 8700g now with full qwerty....

my biggest reason for not taking my friend up on a VERY cheap, brand new pearl is i type A LOT

how is the pearls texting/IM/Email - i mean as far as quickness - i love my full qwerty and had a sidekick 2 and 3 before my 8700 - will i hate the change to the shared keys of the pearl??

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: Opinions!

Speed depends how used to suretype you get. Some people don't like it some swear by it. if you like the specs on the pearl but want a full qwerty consider the curve. Very similar only it has full keyboard

w9ndb no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin
    Speed depends how used to suretype you get. Some people don't like it some swear by it. if you like the specs on the pearl but want a full qwerty consider the curve. Very similar only it has full keyboard
    Having been a Treo user since the release of the 600 I was very skeptical of the suretype but decided to give it a try with the understanding that I'd just return it for a Treo 680 or a Curve if I didn't like it. Wow. All I can say is wow. The suretype works very, very well. I also type a lot; txt, email for both work and personal and even a little IM. It does take a little getting used to but after about a week I was sold. I have no plans on returning it for a curve or another treo. I'm pretty much sold on the 'berry, even with it's less than stellar (but acceptable to an ex-treo user) mac support.

nb

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

i dont have any trouble with the suretype. the predictive text works well and only gives me fits when im in a big hurry.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

How cheap would you be getting it cuz I think you can get it from tmo for like 50 after rebate.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

It was a learning curve that took me about 3 days, tops. Now I can type as fast with SureType as I ever did with a Multitap or QWERTY setup. Yeah, like Synik said, sometimes in a hurry I am more prone to mistakes, but most of the time its great. Definitely much easier to use with one hand than any QWERTY setup I have used.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin
    How cheap would you be getting it cuz I think you can get it from tmo for like 50 after rebate.
    check wirefly, i got mine free plus $50 mail in rebate. so they paid me $50 to take it.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

PIN/ID
    23DDD916

well...

1. im not getting a upgrade price....
    2. a friend of mine is going to buy my 8700g for $200

PIN/ID
    23DDD916

im not sure how it works exactly...

im assuming no slang etc - and theres 2 options to each key - so is it multipress - or is it like t9, but advanced?

PIN/ID
    OICU812

^^ that deal is for a new line of service through Tmo, by the way.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

Quote Originally Posted by ameilius
    im not sure how it works exactly...

im assuming no slang etc - and theres 2 options to each key - so is it multipress - or is it like t9, but advanced?
    sure type learns how you write, will advise of spelling mistakes, and you can add words to the known words list. when you use suretype, if you press qw gh aa ty it will suggest the word WHAT and any others that fit. if using multitap, to type WHAT you press qw twice, gh twice, as, ty. suretype is easier by far and suretype is only needed for things like entering web addy's etc. to get numbers you can use numberlock (shift+alt) or just alt and the number. fields that require numbers most often automatically choose numberlock so it will use the number of the key you press. i cant speak for everyone, but i dont mind suretype at all.

PIN/ID
    23DDD916

so its similar to t9?

like to type "what" - id only hit 4 keys - right?

PIN/ID
    OICU812

using suretype yeah, using multitap no. it'd be 6.
    multitap is just like t9, guess that would have been easier to say

PIN/ID
    23DDD916

gotcha - the camera alone is pushing me to give up the qwerty - lol

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by ameilius
    gotcha - the camera alone is pushing me to give up the qwerty - lol
    Why give up the qwerty??? Get the curve...best of both worlds
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast