I wanted to know that how many of the t-mob blackberry owners have there device ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zookybeanz no está en línea Stack level 1

Opinion wanted......

Advertisement

I wanted to know that how many of the t-mob blackberry owners have there device insured from T-mob?
    They charge arounf $6 per month and a $110/ deductable and it covers every thing on the phone , like physical damage, water damage, theft etc..
    I was wondering that, is it worth getting the phone insured?
    Please help me make up my mind I have 1 day left to opt for that option and I am confused!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Opinion wanted......

Im using TMO and I got no insurance. Im not making any statments here, but I honetly think it aint worth $6 every months and then ANOTHER $110

Id say just try to take a good care of your phone

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    Im using TMO and I got no insurance. Im not making any statments here, but I honetly think it aint worth $6 every months and then ANOTHER $110

Id say just try to take a good care of your phone
    I dont...Had insurance before and didnt like it.

kwolf3481 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C37B2

Its a ripoff in my opinion because by the time something does happen you will probably pay for the full value of the phone with all the monthly fees and deductible. I think that if you google it you will find 3rd party insurance that has a better deal anyhow. Oh and did TMobile tell you that there was a point that you could no longer get insurance thrue them, cause that sounds weird. I have been with them since they were voicestream and never heard about an insurance deadline. I think you can add it at anytime, but like I said before its a ripoff.

Kwolf
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

You need to insure the phone within 14 days of purchase, which is also the "trial" period in which you can cancel service without the cancellation fee.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Let us know of your final desicion lol

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Well, I have insurance on my phone. But to be truthful damage doesn't worry me, I take good care of my handsets! But my main concern when my phone gets stolen, or lost!!! Without the insurance you have to pay full price for a new phone plus for a new sim card! It really depends on your situation, if rather pay 6 bucks every month, because I have that piece of mind if my phone ever turns up missing! As far as damage on a phone, if you go without it generally mansfactuars warranty will cover the handset up to 1 year

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Just so you are aware, T-Mobile is NOT and insurance carrier. The insurance offered IS 3rd party right out of the Box. So the prices ( Which i agree are too high and not worth it) Are not T-Mobiles
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have it but have been debating about canceling it.
    Let us know what you decided.

ath2o no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i agree that it is too expensive and I would look for a 3rd party insurance company.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

A pet peeve of mine is when someone doesnt have insurance and something happens to their phone, then they try to blame someone else like a rep or their carrier in general. Just take responsibility for you not choosing to add insurance in the first place.

I have 5 phones on my account, only 1 is covered by insurance. You guessed it, my 8703e.

It all depends on the situation whether its worth it or not.

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

I have the insurance on my pearl. I am always carefull with my stuff and all but sometimes, try as you may, stuff happens. I took chances with my old iPAQ. But then the screen broke in an airport. If I had the insurance things would have been simple to replace it. But I had to instead source a screen and long story short, it just sucked.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm usually pretty good with phones. I mean, I have had about 15 cell phones to date and have never broken or lost one of them.. With that said, the Pearl is the absolute best and most expensive I have had and I'm thinking seriously about taking some insurance on it. It certainly can't hurt.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Personally I don't have insurance for my cingular pearl and really don't need it. It would be nice to have I guess but I don't really want to pay for it. I never drop or mess my phone up so its no big deal. If you are a clumsy person or think you will mess your bb up somehow then I would recommend getting it but otherwise its no biggy.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24