Today both BGR and Engadgetmobile reported on the release of Opera Mini 4.0 BETA... http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...eta-goes-live/ ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

eaglesoccer no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up OPERA Mini 4.0 Beta now out - TRY IT!

Advertisement

Today both BGR and Engadgetmobile reported on the release of Opera Mini 4.0 BETA...

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...eta-goes-live/

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...i-4-goes-beta/

You get a nice full overview of the page you are visiting with the option to zoom in through a nice view finder controled by the scroll ball. As with Opera mini 3.1, you also have the option to "power scroll" with the numeric key pad using 2, 4, 6, & 8. You can choose to zoom in though the view finder, which then optimizes the page/text for easier reading and less horizontal scrolling. If you would rather not have to deal with the horizontal scrolling, there is option to go totally vertical too. There are more options, such as opening individual images, etc

I figured I'd give it a try, and so far so good. Anyone who has used the web browser integrated with the Nintendo Wii will notice the similarites at once. So far so good. I urge anyone who is looking for an updated browser to check it out.

I will remind you that this is in BETA, so there is always the chance of bugs

you can OTA it @ http://mini.opera.com/beta

Enjoy!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: OPERA Mini 4.0 Beta now out - TRY IT!

sorry there are about 5 threads with the same info and 4 others with problems.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

Has anyone else tried it? it installed (ota) and set up fine, but then it showed me a user agreement that i couldnt click "accept" for... clicking the trackball did nothing and pushing the menu button gave me only one option... "exit"

i thought maybe it was just a problem with the ota file, so i deleted it and tried again to no avail, i also tried downloading the zip and installing using the dm but when i add the alx to the dm list "opera mini 4" shows up on the list but it says "0k" next to it and nothing happens when i try to install it. ive tried several times but nothing has worked, i sent feedback to opera but i figured someone here might be able to help too

thanks

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

I was having this same prob then had it resolved from over the Third Party Apps section. To accept click on the QW button.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Oh sure, my Opera Mini beta 4 / 8100 specific thread gets moved in to a generic thread, making everything that was being discussed a jumbled confusing mess, and this one stays put for a whole day...pfft. FTL

Anyway, yeah it's out, everyone and their dog are trying to rush and review it, even though there were no less than two dozen reveiws within an hour of it's release. It's pretty cool and functions a little differently and better than mini 3 did, so everyone should at least check it out and give it a chance.

Remember though that this beta is not securely encrypted yet, so all of the guys out there that keep logging onto their online banking to prove how well it works, just aren't being that smart.

This looks really nice!!!!!

jimpy24m no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E29944
    I'm gonna check it out.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

I try to copy and paste but it's not working for me! Am I doing something wrong?
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

You would be better off going straight to opera mini 4 beta 2 ! here is the link to Haydens post

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._released.html

Pogi no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried the Mini Opera and I don't like it. The font is either too small or too big. I deleted it and going back to the BB browser.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~whats the apn setting again for tmobile? Mine doesn't work right now. It gives me an error something about internet not being able to connect. Thanks!

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

Does anybody have the jar/jad files for OperaMini Beta2 or know how to convert the cod/alx files into jar/jad files? I don't have a Blackberry data plan so I can't download OMBeta2 OTA.
    Any help by my fellow stackers would be greatly appreciated. From what I gather Beta2 is even better than Beta1 and I absolutely loved Version1.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Haider
    Does anybody have the jar/jad files for OperaMini Beta2 or know how to convert the cod/alx files into jar/jad files? I don't have a Blackberry data plan so I can't download OMBeta2 OTA.
    Any help by my fellow stackers would be greatly appreciated. From what I gather Beta2 is even better than Beta1 and I absolutely loved Version1.
    Here you go. http://www.operamini.com/beta/ Look for this sentence which contains the link for a desktop download "Optionally, you may download the Opera Mini 4 beta for Blackberry devices for a manual installation."

gokoudes no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone know if there's a way to enter a URL and browse there without having to select a menu, then "ok"?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~