Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes I have a data plan. I changed the apn settings and the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

Re: Opera Mini 3.1 Full Version Finally Released!

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes I have a data plan. I changed the apn settings and the username and password that their website said to change

Aceinthehole no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E6823B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm getting the same message on my pearl my carrier is tmo please help

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by backdoc
    Not sure what Opera Mini does but so many have I just downloaded it! Now to figure out how to use it. I did the OTA and it took about 2 min. and no battery pull. It just started right up. The only thing I noticed was that it set to the "low" setting. Should this be changed to a "high" setting for the pearl? If yes then how?....Yeah, I'm a noob, sorry.
    I'd like to know how to switch this as well. Also still looking for an answer to how to make Opera your default browser so it opens when hitting a link sent to you in an email or text. Anyone know if this is possible?

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by avante
    I'd like to know how to switch this as well. Also still looking for an answer to how to make Opera your default browser so it opens when hitting a link sent to you in an email or text. Anyone know if this is possible?
    no. You cannot make it the default browser.

PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    no. You cannot make it the default browser.
    Boooooooo!

PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Is it possible to use Opera Mini when using Beyond 411? Whenever I go to search for something it uses the BB Browser. Does this question fall under the same "Can you make Opera your default browser?" Either way an answer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

zta
    zta no está en línea Stack level 2

hi. i have never installed anything onto pearl before except the daylight saving patch. i downloaded opera mini and am trying to install via desktop manager application wizard. i pointed it to the opera mini folder, it located the '.alx' file. now i am stuck at the

'Compleing the Application Loader Wizard,' it says:

Applications to be installed or updated:
    Opera Mini
    Applications to be erased:
    Blackberry API Library
    Unrecognized modules that will be removed:
    net_rim_bb_timezoneupdater

i dont want to erase or remove anything do i? don't i need the API library? what do i need to do? thanks!

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I'm not sure why DM wants to delete those items, you can always download Opera Mini OTA.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

RobW no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay so no one has come up with a solution to the fact that Opera Mini is failing to connect to the internet on some Pearls...

Does ANYONE know what the problem could be? And how to solve it...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

what? my pearl is connecting just fine. What are your issuses RobW? If you have your TCP/APN settings right it should connect just fine.

PIN/ID
    2404A818

apparantly not RobW! lol

PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by RobW
    Okay so no one has come up with a solution to the fact that Opera Mini is failing to connect to the internet on some Pearls...

Does ANYONE know what the problem could be? And how to solve it...
    Yeah more info is needed. Specifically what are your settings at right now. My Opera works like a charm.

I'm still waiting to hear whether or not you can use Opera with Beyone 411..........Anyone?

PIN/ID
    2404A818

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i deleted it off my phone so I couldn't tell you what the settings were but if you go to operas website those were the settings I put in

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by avante
    Yeah more info is needed. Specifically what are your settings at right now. My Opera works like a charm.

I'm still waiting to hear whether or not you can use Opera with Beyone 411..........Anyone?
    It's not so much that it fails to connect, than you continue to get connection failed messages. this is an issue with the new version release. I never had any probs before, and now, in areas of low signal,you, or I get anyway, connection failed, please test blah blah blah. If you wait for the signal to come back up, it connects just fine. Until the next time you're in a low signal area. It's a very touchy version, this 3.1. Before, it would just tell you error connecting. now it wants you to do all these connection tests everytime, which you DON'T need to do. Just give it a few, and try again. As long as you have the correct apn settings, you should be just fine. Altho.........if you have Cingular, it might be a non-support issue with them, and you could be screwed from ever getting Opera. It does happen.

Nakim21 no está en línea Stack level 2

Just downloaded it today and from a rookie's standpoint of using Op Mini I think I kind of like it. It's just one more application that has gotten me that much closer to pure and total BB addiction. I spent most of my work day on myspace looking around like I was at home. I really like the yahoo and Every Sport Played Network link on the main page. Now I can get sports updates just like that. Last week I was looking for a sports app that I could launch from main screen but this will do just fine

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast