First off I'd like to say I am so happy I found this website, and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

c0nfus3d no está en línea Stack level 1

opera/JT help

Advertisement

First off I'd like to say I am so happy I found this website, and hello to my fellow 'berry users. I've already added my 2gb micro and loaded songs and movies(totally awesome btw). I can't figure out how to configure my pearl to use opera or jivetalk. I have my apn/tcp settings set up for cingular my carrier. Any service books I should have that I might be missing or something I havn't thought of. At this point I'm pretty lost. Tried diffferent settings like : isp.cingular and the wap.cingular settings but it still won't connect. For opera i get the failed error, and for jivetalk i get the open tunnel failure. I've tried numerous battery pulls and nothing. Any sort of help whatso ever would be more than welcome.

-btw i love my pearl wooooooooooooooooooooooo

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: opera/JT help

Welcome to the Stacks c0nfus3d. Try putting: wap@cingulargprs.com in your APN Setting.

thanks for the welcome .....but yeah i've tried that
    current tcp settings:
    apn:wap.cingular
    username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    pw: cingular1 (i've tried both lower case and upper)

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Can you get Jivetalk alone to work? What operating system are you running (Options/About)?

I know Jivetalk is currently working on some bugs with the APN settings.

jivetalk will open up and run but when I try to logon I end up with the open tunnel error. os is current with cingular 4.2. I've tried to search for about two weeks what the problem maybe, I have no clue. I ended getting my services books sent out to me twice and try from scratch same problem.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ just tried to ping and nothing msn and yahoo won't log. Redownloaded opera mini and redid the tcp settings for them from what they have on their site with the ISP.Cingular nothing. Everytime I touch the tcp ill save and batt pull I want to play with the rest of you lol

rdc2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

For Opera on T-Mobile you leave the username and password blank. Try wap@cingulargprs.com as the APN and leave the others blank.