Hi- I'm new to pinstack and it's nice to be here. I had a question ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nikkotheone no está en línea Stack level 1

Opera and emails

Advertisement

Hi- I'm new to pinstack and it's nice to be here.
    I had a question about the opera mini. Has anyone experience a problem with their email after installing opera mini. Before I installed OM my email notification was fast (push email). But now it takes about 10 mins before it shows up on the phone. Please give feed back.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Opera and emails

no problems here, it could just be a delay your email service is experiencing?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

fbriceno97 Guest

Well as long as you are using any program that need data connection, all the emails, etc... get a little delay when arriving to your phone as they have to share the same data bus with the application...

but 10 minutes delay.... it is most probably an issue related to server.

Cheers

nikkotheone no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks!!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by nikkotheone
    Hi- I'm new to pinstack and it's nice to be here.
    I had a question about the opera mini. Has anyone experience a problem with their email after installing opera mini. Before I installed OM my email notification was fast (push email). But now it takes about 10 mins before it shows up on the phone. Please give feed back.
    I am running Opera Mini on all my BlackBerrys very successfully. No issue or delays with email whatsoever.

However that said, I believe it may be more of a coincidence than an actual problem. We tend to take the speed of email for granted. However when one takes into consideration the path throught the system and servers, a delay from time to time is not unusual.

I run both Yahoo & Gmail and most of the time they are fine, other times they are slow. It's just a minor annoyance.

Opera is 100% compatible with your device so, I'm sure your fine.

Cheers...