I found a how to on deleting stubborn messages via desktop manager which works, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Michaelweez no está en línea Stack level 1

Opened emails will not delete on Handheld?

Advertisement

I found a how to on deleting stubborn messages via desktop manager which works, but my question is why are emails that I have opened invisible to any delete command? If I do not open a message on the handheld and select "delete" or "delete prior" all unread messages will delete, but any opened message remains. I did a wipe of the handheld yesterday morning and I was able to delete opened messages, but sure enough this morning I am unable to delete again...I haven't changed any settings, I am on OS version 4.2.073 for Cingular and the only add on I have installed is colorpearl...Has anyone experienced this type of issue, any suggestions?

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: Opened emails will not delete on Handheld?

Hi Michael...

It looks like a BUG on your OS...

If i were you i would do a full backup, wipe the device using javaloader and install T-mobile or Rogers OS for the pearl.

Let us know if this work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fbriceno97
    Hi Michael...

It looks like a BUG on your OS...

If i were you i would do a full backup, wipe the device using javaloader and install T-mobile or Rogers OS for the pearl.

Let us know if this work for you.
    Thanks for the reply, I just did a fresh install of 073 Cingular OS this morning and it's working fine right now, but as I did with wiping the issue doesn't arise until the next day. I was thinking of trying the Roger's OS next, will I have any issues with that being on a BES server here at work?

Upgraded to the Roger's OS yesterday afternoon, next day same thing is happening cannot delete messages that have been opened...

Found out a real reason for this, it is not the handheld or OS but the version of BES and Lotus Notes/Domino...BES version 4.1.3 HF1 remedies this issue.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Thanks for keeping us posted. Good info to know.