Hi Everyone, My girlfriend has a Perl 8100 and she bought the 2600 extended Seidio ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Only Seidio extended cover??

Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend has a Perl 8100 and she bought the 2600 extended Seidio battery (which came with an extended battery door). Tonight she dropped her blackberry, and one of the ledges on the battery door broke off -- thus no longer keeping it secure. The cover now falls off easily. We just spent an hour looking for *JUST* a replacement extended door, but no luck.

Anyone know if you can get *JUST* the extended battery door anywhere? (not the OEM "small" one, but the larger one -- either from Seidio or another provider). I just can't believe seidio ONLY sells this battery door with a new extended battery, but I can't find it on their site or on any other site by googling.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Ventz

ryanbradley no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Hey you can try CNN.Cn if they sell it. If you have time add me on bb messenger 24680362~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hmm...they don't seem to sell any non OEM stuff.
    Just to be exact, I am looking for this:

http://crackberry.com/files/u3/revie...eries/2600.jpg

But JUST the right side of that picture (door) and NOT the battery.

I just can't believe that no one else has never broken this and has not needed a replacement/extra "extended" battery door. I mean they sell plenty of OEM/3rd party regular ones, but no extended ones.

PS: I'll add you as soon as I get near my BB. My goal is to separate from my BB for 1-2 days ... just to make sure I can still do it =)

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Call there CS they are great and would probably sell you just the door. I had it for my 8703e and I emailed and they will sell me just the door for my 8330.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson View Post
    Call there CS they are great and would probably sell you just the door. I had it for my 8703e and I emailed and they will sell me just the door for my 8330.
    Just spoke with them on the phone...they just told me they do not sell just the extended doors and that I would have to re-purchase another "extended battery/door" combo, which is just ridiculous!!

I will not spend another $50 when all I need is a $8-10 (this is how much the door is sold for by other companies, but not the 2600mAh extended one) battery door.

The fact that they even suggested this to me is simply outrages.

UPDATE:
    Just with another person who said as long as its within 6 months they will send me another one for free. This just puts me at curiosity -- now that I've had mine (not my girlfriend's) for *over* 6 months, if I break it, what the heck am I suppose to do. I just can't believe that it's not even an option to sell the extended doors alone...

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Got mine in April. Matt finish started peeling off battery door cover right away, exposing shiny patches on contact points and edges.
    Emailed Seidio customer service last Friday. Still waiting for response.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Got mine in April. Matt finish started peeling off battery door cover right away, exposing shiny patches on contact points and edges.
    Emailed Seidio customer service last Friday. Still waiting for response.
    Yea, i feel like they either 1.) do not read their mail list 2.) send it to /dev/null, or 3.) are so backed up that it will take a few weeks/months before they even GET to it...not even talking about responding.

I would suggest calling them. They said to my girlfriend that they will send her an email which will have directions to sending the old cover and getting a new one.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    I forwarded to them a copy of my purchase receipt from April.
    Believe it or not, rather than mail me a new battery cover, they want me to mail the defective one at my expense to them first - thereby denying me the use of their $50 battery for a couple of weeks. Will not order from Seidio again.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Yea, they said the same to my g.f when she emailed them. Get on the phone, tell them what you really want, and don't take no for an answer. So far I know of 3 people that have done this, and have gotten cover replacements.