i know this has probably been posted many times before so bear with me ive ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

paulwallg13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31a30a1b

Question ongoing problem with my 8130

Advertisement

i know this has probably been posted many times before so bear with me ive been having memory problems with my device it keeps erasing calls texts and emails ive checked my memory there is plenty left also tryed hard resets and they seem to help for a little while and also tried reloading the system all together as instructed by alltel and still not having any luck oh and it also seems to happen more often when i change my theme so if anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Paul,

Are you keeping an eye on your device memory? Go into Options>Status and look at what the File Free figure is.

If you store a lot of data on your device (e-mails, texts, etc) or run 3rd party apps a lot, that could very well cause your memory drain.

This thread and this one offer lots of tips for freeing up device memory.

Hope this helps!
    Roger

PIN/ID
    31a30a1b
    still really hasnt cleared up my problems with those threads the first on might have helped more if it wasnt for me having a pearl so im pretty sure i dont have an alt key if so maybe some1 could tell me where it is but thanks for the help rogro

Lower left key on the keyboard.

PIN/ID
    31a30a1b
    wow now i feel dumb lol but thanks

LOL! No worries.

Also, always make sure that if you ARE running third party applications that they are shut down properly once you've finished with them, so that they are not left running in the background.

bellaleesh no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello
    I have been haing the same issues with BB 8130 deleting all calls/text/emails . I have read through a few lng threads with suggestions... when I go into the ALT LGLG solution ... where do I find the clear entires? the only option it gives me is switch app or close. Same thing when I try to delete unneeded applications.

Im sorry if this has been explained before...I just cant seem to figure it ut or find it here.

Thanks tons!!!

PIN/ID
    31a30a1b
    with mine when i opened my lg log i pressed my menu button and there was an option to clear field and deleting unneeded apps you have to do that through desktop manager with the application program hope it helps a little more

maxqc no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I read those posts, it says people have about 30meg of free memory but on my 8130, I have only about 16meg .. I removed stuff and added some but I think what I added is smaller than 5 meg so where are my 20 other megs ???

Please take note that this 16meg is after a battery pull ... ALT LGLG cleared, memory cleared, etc... stock, the device had 12meg free if I remember.. I got it from Virgin Mobile Canada.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    you should