Hey all, I have my pearl since it's release, and have had the same issues ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Ongoing 8130 issues...

Advertisement

Hey all, I have my pearl since it's release, and have had the same issues plagueing it since day one. I'm about to throw this thing to the wolves if I can't get a measure of stability and performance that I can get from a basic phone.
    Here is a list of my issues, and what I have done to attempt to fix them, any input would be greatly appreciated.

1. bogs down or locksup repeatedly and requires battery pull.

2. cannot view pictures without attaching it to a MMS. << checked settings and reformatted SD card >>

3. cannot view videos without attching it to a MMS and even then won't alway play the file.
    << checked settings and reformatted card >>

4. When I take a video with the phone sometimes it is tagged as such vid***1.3gp.lock. Other times it just won't save period.
    << checked settings and reformatted card. Used PC to rename file and remove the .lock tag, sometimes works sometimes doesn't >>

5. Will delete SMS and MMS before I can read them, other times it will delete them just randomly but when I had SMS,MMS and Mail combined into one folder it would not touch the mail just the msg's.
    << checked settings, pulled battery >>

6. call log dissappears randomly just like the msg's.
    << checked settings, pulled battery >>

7. failed calls.
    << pulled battery >>

8. when trying to rename a file --pic or vid-- I recieve the ** Out of Resources ** msg.
    <<pull battery and retry, sometimes works sometimes doesn't>>

9. Bluetooth will de-activate randomly between calls and sometimes will not re-activate.
    << pull battery >>

Other than the measures that I posted above, I have also done a full reset.
    Some of these issues I know have been somewhat common in these phones.

I even have mailed our area BlackBerry RIM Rep and he had nothing to offer as a resolution which I find very uninspiring.

Any help from the true pros **you guys** would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou,

Caustic.

armus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31833E7E

Re: Ongoing 8130 issues...

Wow that's messed up. Sounds like you got an early version of os 4.3. I'd look at getting the newest os. I run 4.3.0.82 and have never had your problems. The worst thing I'm dealing with us wanting a longer delay on the voicemail code autodial~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cuastic -- have you downloaded the 8130 handheld software located in the threads here, installed it to your pc and ran dm/apploader?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by armus View Post
    Wow that's messed up. Sounds like you got an early version of os 4.3. I'd look at getting the newest os. I run 4.3.0.82 and have never had your problems. The worst thing I'm dealing with us wanting a longer delay on the voicemail code autodial~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    unfortunately 4.3.0.82 that you use is not available yet for download. Alltel has not released it hopefully soon

yeah I agree with Cherri, I would re-install the OS.
    Here is the guide: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html
    and you can download the OS here http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Hopefully that works for you. How frustrating! I have not had any of those problems either. How long have u had ur phone?

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

hey all, thanks for the replies, you actually told me what I expected to hear...Armus, I have one of the first ones delivered--- I work for VZW and got an early model-- the unit I have is running 4.3.0.6. So I guess I will download the newest OS --props to Cliff for the link-- and have been reading about the steps in reinstalling it so am familiar with the process.
    The 8130 is a great device and I sell the sh!t out of them, but mine has been problematic since the get go and I kept tossing the idea of exchanging the thing, but I'm the stubborn sort who loves to troubleshoot and was going to wait to the last straw (and not recieving calls is one of them) before I did that. I would rather go thru the hastle of reinstalling the OS other than exchanging the unit and never knowing what the issue/fix was.
    Will try this after new years, guess I will activate a phone for me to use while I do the install.

It's all a learning process.

Thanks guys for the help and if there is anything I can answer for you regarding VZW, PC'z or women, just ask. ;-)

Caustic.

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

The most recent release available for DL is Sprint's (.71) - get that instead of VZW's .60