Okay. I'm really getting into my BB 8100. Thanks v.much to this site for helping ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lightsoutlon no está en línea Stack level 2

One Week On -l loving it. have a question re email and message alert tones/chimes

Advertisement

Okay. I'm really getting into my BB 8100. Thanks v.much to this site for helping me when the retailer/airtime provider couldn't.

On my old Sony, I could set it so that it chimed or made a noise when I received email. I don't seem to be able to find where or how to do this on my Pearl? Doh! Can anyone help me please?

Other than that - so far so good. No doubt I'll be back with another dumb Q soon!

I'd like to download stuff for my 8100 but I'm worried I may upset the thing. So for now I'm enjoying having email, browser and phone functions all working. Maybe I'll be brave an download things for it when I'm more confident as a user.

The phone gets a lot of admiring looks. Just glad it works now!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: One Week On -l loving it. have a question re email and message alert tones/chimes

glad your enjoying pinstack

go into your profiles and edit the profile. in there you will see all the options to change chimes.

Thumbs up Re: One Week On -l loving it. have a question re email and message alert tones/chimes

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85
    glad your enjoying pinstack

go into your profiles and edit the profile. in there you will see all the options to change chimes.
    Thanks ever so much. After the event it's a bit like: duh! Why didn't I think of that. Thank you.

If I were talking to a BB employee, I'd say the only thing detracting from my use/enjoyment of the device is it does seem a tad temperamental. It reminds me of my first PC (a ZX81). My SOny seemed less likely to go into meltdown if I fiddled and played with it, or just explored it.

Anyway - thanks again!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: One Week On -l loving it. have a question re email and message alert tones/chimes

haha no problem

let us know if there is anything else we can help you with

Ta. Will do.