I have 5 My Faves on my homescreen. Did a battery pull, and one was ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

One of My Faves is gone

Advertisement

I have 5 My Faves on my homescreen. Did a battery pull, and one was gone. Went to MyTmoblile and one was inactive, I activated it, and it was added on the screen, but still one circle is totally blank. Sent service books, rechecked MyTmobile and all 5 are active. How do I get the 5th one back in the empty circle? I can't edit it or anything, it's just empty.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: One of My Faves is gone

Call TMOBILE CSR and tell them to re-sync your myfaves.

djhiltz no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same thing happen to me. tried a software update, no help. called TMO 3 times had them refreshh and resend service books with no resolution. I put my sim in the wifes pearl and myfaves worked perfect all 5 circles where present. put my sim back in my pearl and then two cirlces where blank. called TMO again, still no fix. after all that the screen went out . not sure if the two issues are related or not. but none the less now my pearl is complelty out of service so I have a new pearl enroute coverd under warranty. never did figure out what happend, but if you do figure it out let us know.

vidals no está en línea Stack level 2

OK, here's the story with missing my fave icons. If you are using OS version .64, then your out of luck. If you are using the older OS version, .42 I think, then you are OK -- all the my faves work fine.

Tmobile and blackberry know this is an issue for those using OS .64 and are working on a fix to be included in the new OS that will be out soon I hope. I'm also missing one my fave and battery pulls and resyncs won't help.

You can fix it by doing a master reset, but that would be foolish as you lose all your phone custom software and configuration settings.

blakbuzzrd no está en línea Stack level 1

Anybody know if there's a fix out for this yet?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

yea to fix it just move the icons over, like if you have person a b and c move a to where b was b and c and b where a was and that fixed the problem

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

I started this thread, and what I had to do was backup and wipe the handheld and do a limited restore while talking to the tmob bb service rep. She thought it was some setting on the device, so didn't want to do a full restore. It's fixed now. I had to reset my ringtones and photos for callers, fonts, and theme. All the contacts, calendar, and apps were restored, but no browser bookmarks. I'd try what he says above, move the icons around. Someone else did that too.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Do it a couple of times, the same thing happend to me i took the icon moved it around and the old one appeared, i did it about 3 times till it would stay gl, i called a tmo rep they were nice but unable to help me solve the prob, also try going to my tmo online and moving ur myfav contacts around, for detailed instructions : go to a myfavs, click get link, click change order and move it around hope that works gl!

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Yep, right now the only fix is to run the app loader... I have had to do it three times... Tmo is trying to track the issue but there is no known true fix at this time. You can do a full back up and restore with the app loader, it will tempoearly fix the issue and you will not lose anything... Good luck!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tonmed123 no está en línea Stack level 2

I had the same problem yesterday. But it resulted from changing a contact number classification (ie... work to mobile) on my address book but my sim card address book contact was not changed. I also went to the whole process of calling TMO and resfreshing. I thought once you installed the sim and transfered the contacts on the sim card, it would be erased but it wasnt. I had to go back and manually erase the sim card book. after that i rebooted the set and presto it worked. I was so close to wipping my phone but thatk god I didnt. What a hassel this was!

did everyone get their problem fixed?

tonmed123 no está en línea Stack level 2

No, I got the problem Back!!!!! That blows cause I called yetserday to TMObile and they said that their engineers are trying to resolve the problem with this KNOWN PROBLEM with my faves! Its these known problems that excludes them from having to fullfill contract or warranty obligation. It happened with my Razor "the known problem " was the crapy speaker going out. They wouldnt do an even swap, I had to send it in. I dont care but if I spend the money on a phone and it craps out withing a couple of months I dont want the same one back! I guess we are stuck until they resolve the issue back at Tmobile. Im dont have the time to be swiping my phone every week.

addictedson no está en línea Stack level 2

is there anyway to downgrade without master resetting?