I'm on the company BES, and I want to synch my contacts (and calendar) with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

drmoze no está en línea Stack level 2

on BES-synch contacts with home pc?

Advertisement

I'm on the company BES, and I want to synch my contacts (and calendar) with Outlook on my home pc. (No e-mail synch.) I keep getting errors from DM saying I am or I'm not configured for wireless synch or something. I set the contacts and calendar to synch on a configure screen but still no synch. Can I synch these things without messing up the BES sttings?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I'm not really sure about this, but you may need to turn off wireless sync on your BB when syncing with your Desktop. You will need to turn it back on after. I may be wrong about this so, you might want to wait until someone confirms this.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by drmoze
    I'm on the company BES, and I want to synch my contacts (and calendar) with Outlook on my home pc. (No e-mail synch.) I keep getting errors from DM saying I am or I'm not configured for wireless synch or something. I set the contacts and calendar to synch on a configure screen but still no synch. Can I synch these things without messing up the BES sttings?
    Can't be done. The Address Book and Calendar can only sync with a BES connected Address Book and Calendar for only one Mailbox.
    JerryD

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've found this to be true as well.

Darnit. Is there any way I can use the backup file to update my coutlook contacts and calendar on my pc? Any way to get permission from the BES admin to synch, or is it simply not possible?

joedali no está en línea Stack level 2
    Of course you can synch without bes. I do it everyday at home and work.

Can you explain how? I need to keep my wireless synch and e-mail push from work active (most of the time), but can't figure out how to synch contacts with Outlook at home. I get error messages saying "blah, blah, blah, wireless synch, blah blah, check manual, blah, blah..."

No checking of manuals or searching the forum has helped so far. I'm still not sure what to do.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

First thing to consider:

The BlackBerry has only a single calendar and address book.

Do you want to merge your work and personal calendar and address books together?

Secondly, yes, you can do a wired sync AND leave the wireless BES sync active.

How? Well, I only have Mac at home, and with PocketMac, I've never had an error or a problem.

You ought to be able to just plug in the usb to your windows computer, launch Desktop Manager, and go to the sync tool and set it all up.

dbytes no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E623CB
    It can be done. I'm doing it (at least for contacts). Not sure how much help I can be as I simply installed Desktop Manager on my home PC (w/o BES or Redirector) and renamed the service book. I'm not sure if my calendar or contacts are sync'd via wireless on my corporate BES. My older BES I supported (before decommissioned as we were migrated into a new network) didn't do wireless sync for the calendar or contacts, except on my Treo with Blackberry Connect.

I do want my work and home calendar/contacts to be the same so I have one system to check. I installed DM but it still refuses to synch, even after trying to set synch options. How do I "rename my service book"? And what is a "service book"? $^)