I left my blackberry on my laptop and left the room to get a soda ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307

OMG!!!! this isn't a nightmare!

Advertisement

I left my blackberry on my laptop and left the room to get a soda and as I was on my way down the hallway I heard my phone go off. I walk into my room and my puppies are on the bed (yeah they took advantage of the bed quick...even tho they know better) I noticed my phone is no longer on my laptop-so I panic... I kick the dogs off the bed and start searching...I see a light which is odd because my phone is not that bright....what do you know....MY BUTTON IS MISSING!:cry: Somehow they popped my 1 button off....so I stare at it.....then get my man from outside and have him pop it back in because I don't want to touch my poor berry....we thought it was fine because he tested it and the key didn't pop out....UNTIL I started texting...now it just POP! comes off so I stick it back in and continue texting then POP! it's out again. I have a pearl that I bought online so Tmobile will not replace it.....what do I do?!?!?:cry: ***what would happen if I put just a dot of arctic glue (we use on the XBOX) on the key and lightly press it in so it sticks?***
    Last edited by ashdub01; 09-08-2008 at 12:00 AM. Reason: >Got and idea...<
    **Ashmee**

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    that must suck not sure what you can do but all i can think of is if you buy the key buttons from online, if the button they took out is damaged bad, and then open your bb (i saw a post on how to open your bb correctly , prolly find it on youtube) and then just place it back in the right place...hope something works out

dee7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24200F55
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Just order new buttons prob. 5 bucks and install. Only four screws nothing to worry about. If your nervous get the keypad and take it to local cell shop they'll fix in a couple min.

PIN/ID
    2460d307
    I am definitely nervous. I think I will try to lightly glue it first since I have been successful in a situation like this in the past with glue....since there are no local cell shops around here that repair phones...only sell them. I will check for a new keypad Monday...until then I have my blackberry prepared for surgery and will be using my Nokia 5300. :cry:
    **Ashmee**

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by dee7 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Just order new buttons prob. 5 bucks and install. Only four screws nothing to worry about. If your nervous get the keypad and take it to local cell shop they'll fix in a couple min.
    Most local shops freak out and will not open a BB. If you or hubby are the least mechanically inclined, its not hard to replace the keypads.
    Try BB Repair Shop for parts and they will do repairs if you want them to, just tge thought of being with out the bb while its mailed back and forth is enough to make one weak.

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    Be careful where you are glueing, If some gets on your circuit board you may end up doing more harm.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would suggest not gluing. You can get a replacement keypad here: http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-pearl-...ad-p-1651.html

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I agree - DON'T GLUE, even though you are not experienced in taking the BB apart, you have a better chance trying, rather than gluing, not a good idea to glue (at all)

PIN/ID
    2460d307
    Sorry guys...I checked in late. I couldn't stand looking at my poor helpless BB so I glued it. Very carefully...I dipped a toothpick into some super glue, waited for it to get tacky then touched two sides of the phone and stuck the button in, waited 10 mins.....now it's FINE! a success story....my BB came out of surgery fine. Thanks guys I will get a keypad today for future reference. My hubby can take it apart for me next time.
    **Ashmee**

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Man that sure sucks. What a story.. Very tragic. I would just follow the advice. Get a new set of numbers but don't glue them.
    Good luck. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    I bet you were somewhat relieved the laptop got thru without even a scratch....

~via BB 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2460d307
    oh yeah..I would have prefered tha laptop get scratched tho
    **Ashmee**