hi , ok ... last night i dl the latest os for 8100 the 4.2.1/103 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

danadana84 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question OMG ! HELP os upgrade problem

Advertisement

hi ,

ok ... last night i dl the latest os for 8100 the 4.2.1/103 it still says that i have it but last night I dl the os and when it finally finished it started skipping .... so i tried to put my back up back on my bb and now I dont know what i did.... some of my telephone numbers are not on there any more and now I cant put the new themes i made on my phone it wont show up in my themes !!! the desk top manager tells me its not compatable for my phone but i dl the newest version for the theme builder too!
    i really messed up it think and on top of that i dont really know which was my back up the ones that says backup OR backup loader ????? OMG !!!!

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: OMG ! HELP os upgrade problem

Quote Originally Posted by danadana84
    hi ,

ok ... last night i dl the latest os for 8100 the 4.2.1/103 it still says that i have it but last night I dl the os and when it finally finished it started skipping .... so i tried to put my back up back on my bb and now I dont know what i did.... some of my telephone numbers are not on there any more and now I cant put the new themes i made on my phone it wont show up in my themes !!! the desk top manager tells me its not compatable for my phone but i dl the newest version for the theme builder too!
    i really messed up it think and on top of that i dont really know which was my back up the ones that says backup OR backup loader ????? OMG !!!!
    Calm down and take a deep breath. There are a lot of nice people here who can help you through this.

What version of DM are you using?

What do you mean your phone started skipping? Please give more detail.

About your contacts...Did you try to do the restore again? Maybe it simply didn't finish correctly or something.

I've heard people having problems with installing apps and themes and they were able to just simply move the files to a different folder on their hard drive or something and try again and it worked. Maybe that will help.

oh ,

thanx. well it kept freezing off and on when i tried to view my pics . and i dont know wht u mean by restore my address book .

thank you every body!!!

when i tried to go the the camera , music or anything like that the hour glass never went away

i pressed the myver to see what os i have and it said 4.21.103

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I assume you DL the US version of .103? I DL this version about 1 week ago, and I kept having issues, running really slow and always getting the hour glass was one of them. So I removed it and then downloaded the Chzech version .103. I have had no problems since then.
    uf you donbevy your pearl with the usb to DM, click restore, and select the last restor file on your pc. Let it run uninterrupted until it is finished, this should get you all of your contacts back, and maybe even your themes.
    Hope this helps, if not think about swapping the OS for the Chzech version

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Restoring your address book means connecting the BB to the PC using the USB cable. Open Desktop Manager. Open Backup/Restore. Click on Restore. Choose the latest backup that has your contacts from your address book. Choose Open. It will reload your address book back onto your BB.