I've had the Pearl for several months, and after the upgrade I've had a couple ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thegallery no está en línea Stack level 2

Oldbie needs help

Advertisement

I've had the Pearl for several months, and after the upgrade I've had a couple of problems:

1. The screen goes into power-save mode and darkens. I thought on the previous version of the software there was a control in the "screen/keyboard" settings to adjust this, but I don't see one now. Sometimes when I'm playing a game the screen dims and I don't want it too.

2. I see both my phone calls and email when I click on messages folder and I just want to see email. This is a more serious problem. I click the message button and it show all communications I've had including phone calls, when I just want to see emails. It was correct before, and I could access my messages separately, or click the green button to see my call list. The problem is that if I delete emails it also deletes the call list. Any idea how I separate my phone list back out of the email folder?

3. This is just a gripe. I want to surf the internet and I want to go to my favorite sites, say USAToady or BBC to check the news. Well, first I click the Internet icon and as it is running most of the time it goes to the page it is currently at. To get to USAtoday I have to click the menu button, scroll to Bookmarks, then Scroll down and open the Bookmarks Tree, then find my site. And I have to do this every time to individually check each site.

I wish at the very least it would let me collapse or get rid of the T-zones links above, and I wish I could edit the menu to make the bookmarks default.

Does anyone have a fix for this? It take forever just to go to a favorite site. I'd also like to make a couple of my favorites direct buttons on the desktop. Just like I have for that 'push' weather thing.

Please let me know your thoughts...

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Oldbie needs help

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm mobile and can help later with #1 and #3 but #2 is easy. Goto your phone app, click the trackball, and select options, then call logging. From there you can change this to what you want to see.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

1. This is normal since it is the autodim feature that you can't change.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

For 3, open your Browser and from the menu go to Options/Browser Configuration. Make sure it says Internet at the Top of the page, the change the setting for Start Page to Bookmarks.

Hope This helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

thegallery no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks for the help people. number 2 is handled, number 1 I live with, and number 3 is the same as it always was; book marks are already the start page... At least the most crucial issue about the logging is fixed. It just doesn't make sense that you can't add your favorite sites to the main menu, which in-turn is full of many things I may never use.