i currently have serivce with cingular with basic text messaging and cell service. i have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ncode no está en línea Stack level 1

old plan and sim card to blackberry

Advertisement

i currently have serivce with cingular with basic text messaging and cell service. i have an unlocked blackberry that i want to use with my old sim card. can i just use the phone as i normally did with my motorola L2 without being charge extra. i don't need all the email, internet and other services that you buy with a data plan for the blackberry. i just want to make and receive calls and text message.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: old plan and sim card to blackberry

Yes you should be able to. Depending on how old your sim is I would recommend upgrading it for a newer one. You will not be able to send picture messages but text will work just fine. You just may have to get the messaging center number from your old phone.
    Zo
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Yes, it will work fine but you'll regret not having the data plan. I bought my pearl back in february and used it strictly for phone/text until about a week ago when I got the data plan. There is SO much you can do with this phone, and I had no idea. I didn't even like my purchase until now. I just bought it because it was "pretty."
    /~*brooke

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    Yes you should be able to. Depending on how old your sim is I would recommend upgrading it for a newer one. You will not be able to send picture messages but text will work just fine. You just may have to get the messaging center number from your old phone.
    Zo
    ahh great, thanks. my sim card is only 1 year old. i have a motorola L2. how do i get the messaging center number from my old phone? i'd rather not call cingular/at&t if at all possible.

cat59 no está en línea Stack level 1

If everything you have saved to your phone is set to save to sim instead of save to phone, you won't lose anything when you swap out the sim cards. I didn't call cingular/at&t either because they wouldn't let me get rid of my POS pink razr until April (contract issues, etc.) so I bought my phone on ebay.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Call ATT. You won't get in "trouble" for getting a new phone. They may not have let You upgrade through them at a cheaper price, but they won't "scold" You for changing your phone. i have them and i change my phone on an average of once every six months. Get the data plan, You won't regret it one bit!!

ok. do i have to turn on data services on my BB to receive and send text messages?

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Not for texts.
    /~*brooke

great. thanks.