Just got a BB pearl 8130 and I of course get the No additional applications ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Je300zx no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay new BB user

Advertisement

Just got a BB pearl 8130 and I of course get the No additional applications were found for your device message. I found that you have to download the OS onto your computer. I have verizon and have tried the site and I get a file not found. So what should I do? Should I delete the vendor.xml and upgrade to 4.5 and put download an OS from another carrier? I can't believe they made it this damn hard to put a theme on your phone. Thanks for the help.

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    What do you wanne do ? Upgrad the OS of your device or just load a theme on it ??

armageddon513 no está en línea Stack level 2
    What are you trying to do? If you are trying to put a theme on your phone via computer then you need to unzip the file and when you open your desktop manager go into application upload once in there you are going to have browse to where you unzipped the file to and you should see the theme in that folder. Then just click on it and download it to your BB.

You will have to make sure that the theme is for the 8130 and not made for the 4.5 software.

Now if you are going to 4.5 which I have on my 8130 with verizon. Yes you are going to have to download the 4.5 and delete the vendor file. With the 4.5 you can get some pretty sweet themes as well as being able to use the themes that are 4.3 and below. 4.5 also has the ability to edit word,execel and power point. Also has full html email so you get to see the links and pictures instead of just the html code for them. I would consider going to the 4.5.

Hope this helps you.
    ~via BB. (wap.pinstack.com)~

JayCrew30 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just recently upgrade my Sprint BBerry 8130 to OS 4.5.0.77 and downloaded and installed a number of themes and I absolutely love it!

BTW, I did notice something after I did the upgrade, I am not able to add any media using Desktop Manager (version 4.6) with the Roxio component. It says no device detected.

Anyone else see this as well?