Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Share your confusion! Unable to Sync my pearl with PC. Comes up with error about ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

G4Geefer no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Okay...I AM blonde...so be kind!

Advertisement

Share your confusion!
    Unable to Sync my pearl with PC. Comes up with error about USB power insufficient and check correct driver installed??

Can anyone help?

SweetPoison~ no está en línea Stack level 2

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3

SweetPoison, giving out your PIN is pretty similar to giving out a screen name in AOL, Yahoo, etc. I'd probably be kind of careful about doing that. I would assume they've got a way you can block messages from specific PIN's if someone becomes annoying, but I'm a newbie too so I don't know the answer to that.

Thank you rich! Iam on my bb now at work!

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by richmo58
    SweetPoison, giving out your PIN is pretty similar to giving out a screen name in AOL, Yahoo, etc. I'd probably be kind of careful about doing that. I would assume they've got a way you can block messages from specific PIN's if someone becomes annoying, but I'm a newbie too so I don't know the answer to that.
    I've learned the hard way about giving out my pin and I am very careful. I always tell people up front that i like pinning for fun and friendly chatting and no sexy stuff and make sure they agree but somehow some feel that it doesn't apply to them. Now if that is what you are interested in thats another topic all together. I'm however am not.

Yes you can block somebody from messaging you in the messenger but not general pinning so if they get annoying I have no idea how to stop them from pinning. I hope there is a way I don't know about.

Welcome and have fun. I love my BB

~Amie~

Quote Originally Posted by Dafodyll
    I've learned the hard way about giving out my pin and I am very careful. I always tell people up front that i like pinning for fun and friendly chatting and no sexy stuff and make sure they agree but somehow some feel that it doesn't apply to them. Now if that is what you are interested in thats another topic all together. I'm however am not.

Yes you can block somebody from messaging you in the messenger but not general pinning so if they get annoying I have no idea how to stop them from pinning. I hope there is a way I don't know about.

Welcome and have fun. I love my BB

~Amie~
    Amie, Thanks for that info. Makes a lot of sense. I would think there would have to be a way to completely block someone, but I've only had this Pearl about a week now, and haven't had a chance to play with that yet....Rich

Horseshoe no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by G4Geefer
    Share your confusion!
    Unable to Sync my pearl with PC. Comes up with error about USB power insufficient and check correct driver installed??

Can anyone help?
    Couple options that I would look at. 1) make sure your computer has USB 2.0 ports not older style 1.1 ports. If your computer is within the past 3-5 years you should have 2.0 ports. 2) right click on mycomputer/proporties/hardware/devicemanager/and then go to universal serial bus controllers and look for a yellow questionmark. If you see one, right click and update driver. This is for a Windows XP OS btw.

Hopefully this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by richmo58
    Amie, Thanks for that info. Makes a lot of sense. I would think there would have to be a way to completely block someone, but I've only had this Pearl about a week now, and haven't had a chance to play with that yet....Rich

Well Rich...when ya get it down ~ please share! lol! I have had mine a week as well ~ I love it!...when I don't hate it!

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dafodyll has good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPoison~
    Well Rich...when ya get it down ~ please share! lol! I have had mine a week as well ~ I love it!...when I don't hate it!
    SP, I definitely will! I think I've had mine 9 days now and am waiting for the car charger I ordered and case so I don't wreck it. The SureType is amazing! I was a little worried about it when I ordered it, but its pretty cool.

As far as IM goes, I also downloaded a trial version of JiveTalk, which lets you IM with AIM and Yahoo with your existing ID's (if you have them). It works pretty well. I think its 20 bucks after a month, but its a one time charge. The nice thing is it just goes against your data plan, so you don't have to pay for individual messages... I'll need to play with that a little more, but right now I'd guess I'll pay for it.

...Rich

Thanks! I didnt download anything to chat at AOL or Yahoo ~ I just went there from my computer and registerd my number....it was actually too easy

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPoison~

Thanks! I didnt download anything to chat at AOL or Yahoo ~ I just went there from my computer and registerd my number....it was actually too easy

Do you mean that you didn't have to download anything to use AIM/Yahoo on your Blackberry??

On mine (T-Mobile) a messenger program was pre-installed on the device, but it uses SMS so I would get messaging charges for each IM I sent. Maybe you don't have that...

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

no the one that she is talking about uses sms. I got stung there too. $=ouch
    from reading around jivetalk is the best.
    just my observations
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

shayne63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20E0D453

Well wow I have to admit no one pin/messages me but uhh after reading this oo baby you better believe I'm gunna delete my pin off my profile!! You can ask me Lol after I get to know ya !!! Haha ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ pin is data. Unless you are worried about the creepy guys! LOL
    PS i'm not one of them. I hate that!!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast