So, I tried to clean my trackball with alcohol and Q-tips...but, I must have used ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jodiiii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE

Ok...tried to clean my trackball...

Advertisement

So, I tried to clean my trackball with alcohol and Q-tips...but, I must have used too much alcohol because then my trackball would take me to my call log no matter what I pressed on. I panicked and used some of that canned air..hoping to dry it out...thought my problem was solved..until I tried to return a text. My buttons are all messed up! I press something and get something totally different. What do I do now?? I'm sorry if this question has been asked before...I tried searching it but couldn't find what I was looking for..

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    Sounds to me like you got it on the connections and its messing it up. Was the battery in when you cleaned it?
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE
    Yep..battery was in

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Remove the silver retaining ring with a finger nail. Make sure when you put it back to position three prongs correctly and press evenly.
    Remove trackball assembly and use compressed air on bottom of unit, where it makes contact. Use air on contact plate in handheld, and all around the location.
    Leave open and unassembled for 20 min to dry further.
    Place trackball assembly back into handheld, positioning prongs as oulined above.
    Should work fine

PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Remove the silver retaining ring with a finger nail. Make sure when you put it back to position three prongs correctly and press evenly.
    Remove trackball assembly and use compressed air on bottom of unit, where it makes contact. Use air on contact plate in handheld, and all around the location.
    Leave open and unassembled for 20 min to dry further.
    Place trackball assembly back into handheld, positioning prongs as oulined above.
    Should work fine
    Gonna try this now

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If that doesn't work. Just go to ebay and buy a new pearl white one for 10-12 dollars. Just make sure the seller is not in China so you can get it quick.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well... That looks like if you had some complications.. I was just about to clean mine... Should my BB be of before I do the cleaning of my pearl? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Its always good practice to remove your battery to any electronic device prior to any type of service. Just a good idea overall. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiiii View Post
    Gonna try this now
    So, you ok now?

PIN/ID
    22C9BCFE
    Yep...all good...did a battery pull before I tried anything else and that seemed to do the trick. Not sure why? Maybe it just needed that extra few minutes to dry out. But, anyway, thank you for the help and quick replies!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Thanks for the info. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NickHex81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got a text last night, while peeling shrimp. I dried my hands, still had a little water on my finger tips. My trackball is doing the same thing now, tried drying it out in sun, but nothing. I have to use enter button to select anything now. I'm going to see if warranty will cover it.