Ok, I read previous posts regarding a dead pearl, but my case is a little ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

roastedbagel no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, pearl just comletely died, no lights, errors, nothing

Advertisement

Ok, I read previous posts regarding a dead pearl, but my case is a little different I think. My pearl was working fine up until 20 mins ago, i put it in my pocket, went to the break room (im at work), came back to my desk, took phone out of pocket and noticed it was not on at all, did a battery pull, nothing, it is as if the battery is not in at all because there is no red flashing indicator, no error, NOTHING. My co-worker next to me has a pearl as well, stuck his battery in mine, nothing. What the f$%k just happen to my pearl? It did not get wet at all, not dropped nothing. I am very pissed off right now as you can maybe tell I also plugged it into my pc, nothing. Not sure what to do from here, I'm ready to install the desktop software on this pc to see if that will detect it.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Ok, pearl just comletely died, no lights, errors, nothing

check the batt contacts, also make sure the sim card is in right.?
    also do the desktop manager
    post back and let us know
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Try connecting it to your PC via USB. Anything?

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

Ok, this maybe stupid but did you check to see if you accidently pressed your mute button at the top. Your phone might be in standby mode...I've done that before...lol

Ha...After thinking about what I wrote I assume that if you pull your battery it would take it off standby, right? So disregard my post. lol
    Last edited by Natasha; 05-16-2007 at 10:24 AM.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Things have changed in the past hour lol. So out of desparation and frustration, I kinda banged my phone against my desk a little thikning some particules/dust/whatever might come out, some did, whaaallaa, it turned on again after i put my battery in, after it booted up, there was no sound from the ear speaker or the external speaker, dead. Funy thing is, is that i made a call, and tried putting it on speaker phone, but hitting the speaker phone button did nothing, it would not go to speaker! I pulled the battery again, then it wouldnt turn on again, back and forth, more banging, etc. Now im back to it not turning at all again, Im pretty convinced it is a hardware issue with something being loose inside. Im getting a buddy of mine to get me a T6 driver so i can unscrew this bad boy and start prodding around

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Quote Originally Posted by roastedbagel
    Im getting a buddy of mine to get me a T6 driver so i can unscrew this bad boy and start prodding around
    Will your carrier send you a warranty replacement? Might want to find out before you open her up, or at least make sure you can cover up your prodding.

I got this phone for free, long story, no warranty on it

Ok update, now it turns on, and I have sound....DEFINITELY a loose connection in there. I'm backing up all contacts and info now as I did not before (yikes!) so even if all else fails I can hopefully backup my contacts.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ LOL this exact same problem happened to me about 4 weeks ago. I went thru the same troubleshooting process before I determined on my own that it needed to be replaced. You did the right things.

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

just a thought, but what if your co-worker broke his/hers and swapped it with yours?