Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Seems To Be Working Better Now, Thnx To The Cleaning,thnx Has Anyone Else Had Issues ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pabloescobar no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Oh, Happy Day...

Advertisement

Seems To Be Working Better Now, Thnx To The Cleaning,thnx

Has Anyone Else Had Issues With Typing 2 Of The Same Characters When Texting?
    This Seems To Start After U Install The New Os Update, Its Done It On Both Pearls.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

check to make sure you didn't change the language on it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by pabloescobar
    Seems To Be Working Better Now, Thnx To The Cleaning,thnx

Has Anyone Else Had Issues With Typing 2 Of The Same Characters When Texting?
    This Seems To Start After U Install The New Os Update, Its Done It On Both Pearls.
    Are you using MultiTap or SureType? If you're using MultiTap, I don't think that has been resolved yet. Your option here is to switch to SureType.

dopeyloc718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E26A21

My pearl arrived with a trackball issue as soon as it took it out the box 2 I juz cleaned it and its gud but the multitap issue has not been resolved and IS very annoying although I could just switch 2 suretype I refuse to simply because it looks better when I'm pressing a bunch of buttons lol

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lil_tud no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Guys

I too have been getting the evil 543 error when I boot up my BB, I’ve tried re-installing the OS as mentioned and I still get the same problem, but if I re-install it with the battery in, is seems to install ok, but when I boot it back up then I get the 543, if I re-install it when the battery out, it goes through the "Load Lava + VM Software" then it seems to take a long time in the "wait for device initialisation" and after that the install finishes with and error telling me that the install process could not communicate with the device during part of the install process.
    Does anyone know if there is anything else I can try to get the OS to re-install properly?

Cheers

bschoolchris no está en línea Stack level 1

help please???

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Ok Pablo, checked with EvolutionCSR and his advice was to do the following:

You may have better luck if you wipe the device with JL_CMDER first http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/452

Installing the OS with the battery out ALWAYS WORKS!!! Even with the most corrupt OS's.

Just be patient, there is a possibility you may be skipping a step.

Take your battery out, then connect to PC and start DM...then start application loader...check the OS squares...then hit finish...then hit advanced and go through the prompts to erase everything.

Try this and see how it goes and let us know. Good luck!
    hey lava girl, my blackberry 8100 is not gettting past a screen that has an icon with a circle, square and a triangle inside some kind of rectangle that is circled and a diagonal line going through the circle with the numbers 543 underneath, could you please help?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Send it right back and talk to retention. Tell them you are going to cancel your account even if you are on a contract. Tell them this is their last chance to keep you as a customer and to send you a brand new phone for all of your problems. It is worth a try.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I was able to help somebody else using this thread.

Lava, you are impressive!

bschoolchris no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Send it right back and talk to retention. Tell them you are going to cancel your account even if you are on a contract. Tell them this is their last chance to keep you as a customer and to send you a brand new phone for all of your problems. It is worth a try.
    thanks for that, i went to the tmobile store at the mall which i bought the phone from a week ago and told them the problem with the phone and they gave me two options, 1. stay there for 45 mins while they call tmobile and try to fix it or option 2. just get it exchanged for free. so i took option # 2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12