Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well I Have Been Having Some Issues With My Pearl For Quite Sometime Now. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pabloescobar no está en línea Stack level 2

Oh, Happy Day...

Advertisement

Well I Have Been Having Some Issues With My Pearl For Quite Sometime Now. I Just Updated My Os And It Seems To Have Gotten Worse.
    So I Tried Reinstalling The Update Again.

Now The Pc Wont Connect To The Phone, Or Acknowledge It Exists. And The Screen Has An Icon With The Number 543 Underneath It That Wont Let Me Do Anything Else. Did A Battery Pull To No Avail. Did I Meantion I Really Hate Blackberry And Will Resort To Sending Messages By Pigeon Before I Buy A Blackberry Ever Again?

Re: Oh, Happy Day...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

or

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...html#post46485

Try this...this should solve it
    I think you messed with the USB cord (interrupted the phone during the update)

Let us know wt happens...if you have an AIM or Gmail i can help you out IMing (new word created).

And asnwer this questions asap: wt do you see when you turn your phone on and wt do you see when you hook it up to the computer?

You probably hate the blackberry is that is has OS's and stuff that people cant resist updating and we make careless errors (common)....

lol....pigeon
    Last edited by ruth; 09-01-2007 at 04:42 PM.

thanx for the response, unfortunatly it didnt work. my phone wont turn on or off unless i do a battery pull. it automatically goes to a white screen with an icon in the center of a circle with a cross through it and the number 543 at the bottom. other then that it doesnt do anything else, and my dm wont recongocnize the connection.

call your service provider or blackberry support...they can help for sure.
    I am sure you interuppted the update. Your servie proder can fix that for you...no need to worry at all.

Oh, were you updating to your service providers OS or other providers OS....if you have ATT and updating to the latest Tmo OS...u got a problem

Nah I Didnt Interupt It . Thats What I Thought I Had Done The First Time So When I Reinstalled It I Was Sure Not To Disrupt It, Now I Have To Spend 45 With Some Goofball At Customer Support...

Quote Originally Posted by pabloescobar
    Nah I Didnt Interupt It . Thats What I Thought I Had Done The First Time So When I Reinstalled It I Was Sure Not To Disrupt It, Now I Have To Spend 45 With Some Goofball At Customer Support...
    who is your servie provider and wt os were you upgrading to (tmo ?)

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Hi pablo, sorry to hear you are still having problems.

The 543 error is a Java file system error:
    543 VM_FS_MISMATCH: Incompatible Java filesystem installed The VM has detected that the OS binary is different than the OS binary used to create the Java file system. This means that the Java native methods may not be linked properly and as such, the integrity of the system cannot be guaranteed. The system can be recovered by using the VM DLFX and DLPS commands to delete the fixups and persistent store. This will clear all data and fixups and let the filesystem relink to match the new OS binary. The recovery order is important: 1) Delete Fixups 2) Delete Persistent Store 3) Reset device.

What you can do is:
    Try this thread to repair your device and see if it helps:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

Try this before calling support, that is going to be hours on the phone and will probably not get you a resolution unfortunately, but rather more headaches.

If the above doesn't work, then you may want to go that route, but if it doesn't, post back and I'll seek further help for you.

Lava
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 09-01-2007 at 06:30 PM.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

thanx for the response, unfortunatly it didnt work. my phone wont turn on or off unless i do a battery pull. it automatically goes to a white screen with an icon in the center of a circle with a cross through it and the number 543 at the bottom. other then that it doesnt do anything else, and my dm wont recongocnize the connection.
    lavagirl...i gave him the link and as he says above..."it didnt work"

This is wat i want to know: wt do you have to do to get that error?????

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

pablo I'll see if I can get someone to help on this for you. Hang tight buddy
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Ok Pablo, checked with EvolutionCSR and his advice was to do the following:

You may have better luck if you wipe the device with JL_CMDER first http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/452

Installing the OS with the battery out ALWAYS WORKS!!! Even with the most corrupt OS's.

Just be patient, there is a possibility you may be skipping a step.

Take your battery out, then connect to PC and start DM...then start application loader...check the OS squares...then hit finish...then hit advanced and go through the prompts to erase everything.

Try this and see how it goes and let us know. Good luck!
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

u guys are awesome, and i appreciatte the help. i gave in and called tmob, they gave me thye same old song and dance, with the call ending in a replacement being sent out again, and the promise that they would give me a discount price when the new 3200 came out. from what i have read this is suppose to be a real nice phone, with a better camera. so well see, once again thnks guys u are great!

u guys are awesome, and i appreciatte the help. i gave in and called tmob, they gave me thye same old song and dance, with the call ending in a replacement being sent out again, and the promise that they would give me a discount price when the new 3200 came out. from what i have read this is suppose to be a real nice phone, with a better camera. so well see, once again thnks guys u are great!
    looks like a bad day turned into a fine one. Discount on a nice phone as you say. A brad spanking new pearl (or a refurb one?). do you have to send your broken pearl in?

who is checking these thinsg?????

MY REPLACEMENT ARRRIVES YESTERDAY, FRESH OUT OF THE BOX THE TRACKBALL IS 80% INOPERABLE!!!!

THIS ISNT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE RECIEVED A REPLACEMENT AND IT DOESNT WORK RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!! G
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 09-02-2007 at 06:28 PM. Reason: language

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

sorry to hear about your tough luck. sounds like they made sure the os was in good condition, but didnt clean the trackball

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast