Dear All, This seems to be a great community site. I have an ageing Palm ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

guiyofoward no está en línea Stack level 1

Offline Outlook Sync questions...

Advertisement

Dear All,

This seems to be a great community site. I have an ageing Palm with Beyond Contacts from Dataviz, which is basically a Palm version of Outlook that works flawlessly. I was considering a Sony Ericsson m600 because of the touchscreen, but apparently SE does not have good syn - come on, it's 2006!!

The Palm OS is fine with me, but Treos are too thick to use as an everyday phone for me (Palm, is it so hard to make a damn slim PDA or phone...?)

So I'm thinking about a BB Pearl, I don't like Windows Mobile and the Pearl sure is beautiful. My main problem is the following: I have all my personal data in Outlook, using most fields and actively using subfolders for Contacts, To do and Notes. I will sync at home, offline, NOT through BB server or anything. My questions are:

1-I've read subfolder syncing works fine with Contacts, but is it possible to sort or see contacts by folder in BB?
    2-Does subfolder sync work for To Do and Notes?
    3-Do all or most contact fields from outlook sync? Work address, fax, home, mobile, etc.?

Many thanks! Best,

g.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    guiyofoward, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm not sure that when not using BES, the subfolder sync works for any of these. I haven't tried as I use Categories rather than subfolders for all my outlook organization. In outlook, it gives more flexability.

As to the last question, I haven't found an outlook field that doesn't sync, but there may be some. And you can always re-map the fields if necessary.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with these questions.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My thoughts are the same: if you replace "sub-folder" with "category", then you can do everything on a BlackBerry that you are asking for. The method used to sort views will obviously be different with BlackBerry OS than it is with Palm OS, but then end result is the same. However, it will take a time investment to convert your sub-folders into categories.

As for fields, again, just use mapping to 'fix' whatever doesn't sync through default field maps.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I just want the BB to work like Outlook does with categories, where I can search on multiple categories to collect the contacts. It reduces the number of categories necessary.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles