Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ok, i screwed something up and now my phone is flashing red twice quickly with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3

Advertisement

ok, i screwed something up and now my phone is flashing red twice quickly with a pause between... bricked!!! i can't remember how to fix... anyone care to point me in the right direction??

Nevermind... i fixed it!!
    Last edited by jbean7916; 09-30-2008 at 06:40 PM.
    All's Fair in Love and TAGGING!!!

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Quote Originally Posted by YKevinR View Post
    nevermind guys, figured it out on my own. Vista UAC is the enemy....once turned off everything worked perfectly
    That is what I did to install .81 was to turn UAC off, and never to turn it back on again.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    OK, I was wrong about my rebooting problem being solved - it is just now doing it very infrequently - maybe once a day. It's always when I'm doing something native to BB (ie texting, BB IM, task reminder - not 3rd party apps). I'm not having to reboot constantly for memory leaks like I was in prior version, so I'm going to try to stick it out with this one until another version comes out. But if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears....

mhaven98 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was having the rebooting problem too. Nothing seemed to fix it. Maybe once or twice a day, totally random. Went back to .69 and never rebooted again. There seems to be an issue that can go unnoticed for a while unless you happen to be using it when it boots. As it took me a few days before I realized it was randomly rebooting. The thing was I though it was great with memory management when in fact it was rebooting every 2-10 hours.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Good point mhaven98! Plus at least when I have to reboot for memory, I can do it on my time, when I'm not in the middle of something - unlike this random stuff. After another reboot just now, I'm thinking I might go back to .69 too - just hate to redo everything once again...

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So is this the only 4.5 release? There still isn't an official one from Tmo? I've been living at work the last week so I'm out of the loop.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is everyone having the rebooting issue?

japzz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21957a6e
    Yeah, i experienced it a lot too when i play Legends of Zelda. But i noticed that when i turn the volume/music level to zero it doesn't reboot anymore. Also when i first started using this new OS while streaming videos on m.youtube.com the phone suddenly reboots, but for some reason it never happened again. I'm really happy with the new OS though its not official(T-mobile).

romulan955 no está en línea Stack level 1
    is it worth it?

jayschutz no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks man for the update my little brother got the one for his curve just sat so i need to get it because i use a lot of stuff on this thing for my phone. i do have a Q though will this just go over the 4.3 and not mess anything up all i have to do is down load and bbmanager and chill

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    My wife has the TMO 8120 and wiped it, downloaded the 4.5, deleted vendor xml file, restarted both the pc and the BB...connected her BB to the pc started the download manager and got an unknown error message and it shuts that process down. When she tries to go through the download manager's application loader it still does not recognize that there's a new OS to upload onto the phone. What is she missing or what do we need to do? Thanks.
    My Focus may become Jaided but never my determination...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123