Hey everyone! I'm new here, and new to BlackBerries, I'm on a mac, and I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

travis134 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31915AEF

Odd Volume Problem

Advertisement

Hey everyone! I'm new here, and new to BlackBerries, I'm on a mac, and I already have a problem lol.

Less than a week ago I bought a Blackberry Pearl 8130 from Alltel along with their unlimited internet/email/text plan. So far it's all been going great. However I am having an odd problem with the BlackBerry.

The volume keys on the right side of the device don't do anything; normally I would think that they would change volume profiles on the phone. The same happens in the media player applications; I press the volume up/down keys and nothing happens.

However I know that the actual buttons are not broken because they work within the camera app (To zoom in and out) And I have tried the 30 second battery removal with no avail.

Please help me! Thanks!

PS: The volume keys have never worked since I bought the phone

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    those volume keys are only for the media player. i know you would think they would control your volume profiles but they do not.

suggestions@rim.com

email them and suggest they change that, the more ppl that do it, the better chance it gets changed

PIN/ID
    31915AEF
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    those volume keys are only for the media player. i know you would think they would control your volume profiles but they do not.

suggestions@rim.com

email them and suggest they change that, the more ppl that do it, the better chance it gets changed
    Yes; but just as well it doesn't work for my media applications. When playing a video or ringtone or song, I press the volume up down buttons and the vollume bar stays the same on the bottom right hand corner. The only application it has worked with thus far is the camera, and while in a call.

PIN/ID
    31915AEF
    Sent an email to suggestions@rim.com

I think it would be nice if the volume buttons on the right hand side of the Blackberry Pearl (8130) would change the volume profiles, so if you were on "Normal" and pressed the volume down key, it would change it to the profile below it, "Vibrate"

Example of volume profile progression (Highest to Lowest):

Loud
    Phone Only
    Normal
    Vibrate
    Quiet
    Off

Thanks, I love my BlackBerry Pearl!

Hope it works

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    ok but if the buttons are working when the camera is on, then you know the buttons work. maybe your carrier disabled the buttons for any other feature on the device except for the camera

PIN/ID
    31915AEF
    Why would alltel disable that how else would I go about adjusting the volume in the media player?

PIN/ID
    31915AEF
    Fixed! I ran Windows in Bootcamp, installed the Blackberry Desktop Setup, went to the media manager and copied over some songs and now the volume button works

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    ok glad to hear you are back up and running