New to the BB but maybe someone can shed some light. I have the Pearl, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

backdoc no está en línea Stack level 2

Odd SMS text issue

Advertisement

New to the BB but maybe someone can shed some light. I have the Pearl, wife has the 8700, both with cingular. For some reason there is a text message that she sent me on 1/17/07 that is attached to the bottom of every text message since that date. It is always the same message and only shows when she texts me from her phone. It is not there when she sends a text to a different phone or on any texts I receive from any phone other than hers. Cingular says they have no idea nor a way to correct it.

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

Re: Odd SMS text issue

That is weird. Bump.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

That does sound weird Backdoc. Try going into your messages folder, click on Options/Email Settings and change Auto Signature to No, then save. Then do a battery pull reboot and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    That does sound weird Backdoc. Try going into your messages folder, click on Options/Email Settings and change Auto Signature to No, then save. Then do a battery pull reboot and see if that helps.
    Thanks, but I tried that already. I know it's not a signature because it only occurs when she texts me(or replies to my text), not the other way around, and only on our phones not when I, or she, texts anyone else. Really wierd. The only thing I have not tried is to reboot her BB.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Try to reboot yours as well.
    Keep us posted!

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

You could also try going into your messag inbox click and chose options and under general options you should have something wrote like auto more .... could help too
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

The auto more is set to yes, not sure what that means. I will pull both batteries again and see if that clears the possessed Blackberries!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Maybe even when u turn off the signature, the phone still sends out that mess to only special ppl which in this case appears to be u only lol

OK, now I feel special! Let me clarify this. On jan 17 I sent a text to my wife, simple. Now, whenever she sends me a text or replies to a text from me, I get her text and right below it is the friggin text from 1/17. It is not at the bottom edge like a sig on email. It is as if it gets sent as a second text or reply and gets bumped down each line as we continue the back and forth conversation. I have no idea how to clear it from my phone. She does not get it on her phone!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

So you're getting the new text and the old text in one?

Is she Replying or creating a New SMS when replying to you? That may have something to do with it. It maybe her phone that's doing it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

What you are seeing is the text message history. To get rid of this, go to a text, scroll down on the menu of options, and select Remove History.

This is set in your SMS Text options (Options>Advanced Options>SMS Text). The default is 7 previous messages. To fix this, go to the SMS Text Options and change it to 0. This is the minimum number of history messages. The max is 50 but that would take up your entire screen LOL