So, I thought I would post this here to save others countless hours with T-Mobiles ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

odd sim issue

Advertisement

So, I thought I would post this here to save others countless hours with T-Mobiles lacking "support".

Recently, my phone would not power on. LED blinked red two times. Thanks to the pinstack forums I was able to find instructions on reflashing. I tried to reflash the phone. That did not seem to work. Support from t-mobile insisted I needed a new battery. Bought a new battery. Same problem.

I decided that while this was taking quite some time to complete I would pull the SIM card out and put it in an old iPaq I have sitting around. I took the SIM out and replaced the battery. Just as i put the battery back in - the phone booted!! Put the SIM in the ipaq and the ipaq was not happy. All this frustration because of a simple SIM. Now I am stuck with a spare $60 battery that I do not need because I neglected to take out the SIM card and support didn't think to reccomend this.

Anyone ever see this with their berry??

I guess the long and the short of this one is that you will get better help from these forums than T-Mo. Go figure.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: odd sim issue

I guess the long and the short of this one is that you will get better help from these forums than T-Mo.
    That can actually be said about any of the carriers when it comes to BB's. Hate that you went through the aggravation and got ripped on a $60 battery which the store will probably not take back now.

Zo

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

$60? You're shopping at the wrong places.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

iv had a sim throw errors at me and wouldnt let me replay to someone. just got a new sim and it worked flawlessly

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

where did you get a $60.00 battery? that is a rip off! Did you do any shopping around, you can find them as little as $30.00 maybe even cheaper...(for a non-rim but compatible battery)