My pearl is about 4 months old and never had any problems with it....This morning ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

noahs no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D4EB33

Odd Pearl Behavoir

Advertisement

My pearl is about 4 months old and never had any problems with it....This morning I received a call, went to pick it up and the keys were unresponsive. The only responsive key was the pearl moving the cursor (not pushing it in). So i decided to do a hard restart....the device just kept restarting over and over and over....all the while the keys were still unresponsive....

can someone help me? I have no idea whats going on

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Odd Pearl Behavoir

Welcome to the stacks
    sorry to read of your troubles.
    by hard reset are you sayin the batt out for 30 sec.?
    and when you say keeps restarting are you talking about the hourglass?
    are you getting any errors?
    what happens when you try to run the app loader from the desktop manager?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    23D4EB33

Thanks, ive been a fan of pinstack for awhile, however this is my first post...great site!

Yea i removed the batt for at least 30 sec, more likely a few minutes. And when i say it continues to restart I mean - It does a full restart, brings me to my welcome page (displaying my messages, missed calls etc) (hour glass was finished) and then turns off and does it all over again...and this doesnt stop!

I have no seen one error message popup.

I just dl'd the latest software and currently loading JVM and system software on my pearl. I hope this fixes the problem. What I found most troubling was the keyboad was completely unresponsive - as if it was locked...have you heard of the pearl doing this before?

PIN/ID
    ask me

nope haven't heard of it but you never know. also if you loaded any apps lately that could be your prob!
    post back
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

that happened to me!!!!!!! EXACT SAME ISSUE. i took the battery out and left it alone for a few days. i wass pissed off at my pearl! i ended up installing a new os to see if that resolve the issue. it did..! so try that!

PIN/ID
    23D4EB33

yea i figured that may be it...and i am a fan of trying out new programs....

I removed BB weather and BB home today (thought perhaps that was the problem)
    I just hope I can get it back to normal...if not I might have to go purchase the BB Curves (ooooooo)

PIN/ID
    n/a

let us know what happens after the new os install yes?... i wanna know if your pearl ends up working again like mine-

PIN/ID
    23D4EB33

sounds good, ill let you know

PIN/ID
    23D4EB33

So I have a new OS on my pearl....starts up and constant restart has been fixed HOWEVER....my keys are still all unresponsive.

It asks if I want to run a setup - I can scroll through the choices but not click on any....any ideas?

PIN/ID
    ask me

sorry to leave ya noah I actually had a little work to do. it sounds like an equipment prob. hang out and see if others had any other thoughts. may have to be replaced

missymd48 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AC9474

I've had my Pearl for over 6 months and sometimes my keys are unresponsive. I would just take out the battery for a few minutes and it would reset itself. Maybe you should take it in to get serviced. Sorry, that I'm not much help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by noahs
    So I have a new OS on my pearl....starts up and constant restart has been fixed HOWEVER....my keys are still all unresponsive.

It asks if I want to run a setup - I can scroll through the choices but not click on any....any ideas?
    If this occurs after a successful Reload of the OS, it might just be a hardware problem.
    You can either try to get a replacement now through a warrantee exchange with your carrier, or you can try one more thing to correct it if you want.

Try this:

Complete Wipe abd reload from the start

1. Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
    2. Download and execute on your PC the latest software for your Model BB. See this thread for links to the sofware download site for your carrier, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier).
    3. Connect you BB to you PC
    4. Open JL_Cmder,
    5. Select the Wipe Option (5)
    6. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    ask me

Thanks RC hopefully that works!

PIN/ID
    n/a

yeah......forgot to mention that i did the install of the new os and after i did the install...same issue as you, it would scroll but i couldnt select a choice of run set up/remind me later/etc ...i took the battery out for like an hour and checked up on it again. then when i put the battery in it worked an hour later.... try that!?

its been working great since that day, which was a couple months ago. and plus the new os stopped my messages emails and call logs from deleting.