Hi I just purchased a blackberry 8100 and have put my o2 contract sim card ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

matrix2001 no está en línea Stack level 1

o2 Settings email, mms etc

Advertisement

Hi

I just purchased a blackberry 8100 and have put my o2 contract sim card into it.

Can anyone help what procedures I need to do to get my mms working and email.

Thanks alot.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: o2 Settings email, mms etc

Who is your provider? And did you get a Data Plan with the Blackberry? You must have access to RIMs Network in order to do any sort of internet transfer. And on a blackberry this incudes MMS.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Looony no está en línea Stack level 2

Hello, im also on o2. What you need to do is first phone o2 and get them to have 'Blackberry' set up on your account (free)

This takes 24 hours. After this is set up go to http://www.o2email.co.uk/ and set up an account there using your pin ans emei number

Job done!

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hi
    If you are in UK then O2 will charge you an extra £10- for unlimited data plan and this is in addition to the monthly subscription you pay to O2 and also they would ask you to upgrade your tariff to a monthly £40- in other words you pay £50 plus VAT every month to have the benefit of both worlds.
    this is £600- a year. Think about it. I had to have it because I need it as i am constantly on the go.
    Just a thought!!!!
    All the best.

This isn't correct. I am on a £30 a month tariff, and i'm NOT paying an extra £10 a month. But I don't have unlimted. I'm waiting to see if I spend more than £10 extra for usage before I get unlimted.

And the £30 is inc. VAT

So I am paying £360 per year and anything I run over (texts calls etc over my free stuff)

matrix2001 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks guys sadly the person as already created an account using the device pin. Is there anything I can do to change this to me?

2nd hand phone then...

Not sure. What you would need to do is contact the other owner and get the password so you can creat a new account.