I just moved from the sidekick3 to a pearl. I'm curious as to how the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

senator1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Notification question

Advertisement

I just moved from the sidekick3 to a pearl. I'm curious as to how the pearl notifies it's users of new texts and emails? On the sidekick the trackball would blink different colors if there was an unread message.

Is there anything like this on the pearl? Is there anway to change the trackball color?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Notification question

When you recieve a phone call there is a trackball notification, to enable it go to:

call log>menu>options>general options>ringtone lighting>change to trackball.

senator1 no está en línea Stack level 2

But is there one for messages? Say I was in the shower and got a message, would I have to un-sleep the phone to check or is there a blinking notification light of any kind?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Go to your Profile App and scroll down to advanced, click it and Select the Active Profile and press the Menu Button. Select the Edit Option. Click on Messages. Make sure the repeat notification says LED Flashing. This will give a red Flashing Led on the upper right corner of your Pearl.

Just a little additional advice, it will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device. Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.

Hope this helps, And Welcome to PinStack
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles