well, in short, i don't have internet icons. unfortunately, this is not a "just search ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lonestarbuzz no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Not your usual "no internet icon" problem

Advertisement

well, in short, i don't have internet icons. unfortunately, this is not a "just search the forums and you'll find it" fix.

My wife has a pearl, and yes, we do have the ATT BIS plan activated on her phone. We do not have internet icons/email set-up options. I have tried registering through the Host Routing Table in Advanced Options (many times) and still nothing. I have tried numerous resets. The phone had OS 4.2.1; I loaded 4.2.0 on it, still nothing. I have spent beyond 9 hours on the phone (in the past 24 hours) with ATT support.

The phone was purchased refurbished 100 days ago. My wife did not want internet until yesterday, which is when we found out that the phone may be defunct. Everyone with whom I spoke said I just needed warranty to replace the device. Unfortunately, the warranty was only 90 days and my phone is not covered.

I have searched countless posts and threads, but cannot seem to find the remedy. Is this really the phone? If so, I'm hosed. I did try to get ATT to release the PIN and then reinstate it (because it is refurbed and could still be registered with the previous owner), but she didn't know what I was talking about. Apparently, when I asked to be transfered to Data Services, they thought I meant some other random lady who was going to put me on hold for an hour (really, not kidding, and hour) before telling me my phone was out of warranty.

I do need help, or my next post will simply be a picture of my dog eating a blackberry.

p.s. i love my curve.

things I have tried:

master resent
    wiping the phone clean
    installing a different OS
    upgrading the OS
    activating on Host Routing Table
    made sure "data services" was ON
    removing battery

next steps:

-prayer vigil
    -flushing phone down toilet
    -running over phone with car
    -throwing phone at the moon
    -eating phone
    -running over phone with lawn mower
    -giving phone back to wife, telling her it works, and watching her screw with it for a few days

seriously, any ideas/help will be greatly appreciated. please be my hero.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5
    I would be patinet since RIM is currently upgrading their servers and will ot be done till the end of saturday it may be why you have no icons whatsoever..You could also try sticking her sim in your curve and see if the icons disappear
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    try this.....sometimes the blackbberry devices are ready to go once the internet plan is added sometimes it can take up to 48hours to fully load correctly. Anyways go to options>advanced options>browser.
    Make sure that your defualt browser configuration is set for internet browser, if it is not set that way it won't work. Let me know how it goes
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

harry, that might be it... were they down yesterday? That is when we originally added the plan.

jonny, the default browser configuration is blank. choosing "change option" in the menu does nothing.
    it says "Default browser configuration:" and there is nothing behind the :

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestarbuzz View Post
    harry, that might be it... were they down yesterday? That is when we originally added the plan.

jonny, the default browser configuration is blank. choosing "change option" in the menu does nothing.
    it says "Default browser configuration:" and there is nothing behind the :

that definately tells me that the data services aren't running, so it would either mean that there network is down/moving slow. or the services haven't fully activated as of yet. If you can put your sim card in another blackberry you can check to see if that blackberry pulls up the internet, if it does then it would be your device.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    that definately tells me that the data services aren't running, so it would either mean that there network is down/moving slow. or the services haven't fully activated as of yet. If you can put your sim card in another blackberry you can check to see if that blackberry pulls up the internet, if it does then it would be your device.
    We did try putting the sim in another phone and it worked. Mine worked with her sim as did another. Would it matter if mine was already set up with BIS through my sim?

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    What happens if you put your sim in her device. If your sim doesn't work and you have the BS on your account its the device. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    What happens if you put your sim in her device. If your sim doesn't work and you have the BS on your account its the device. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yep, that didn't work. So I guess it's the sim, huh?

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    It would be the device
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

well, I really appreciate your help.