Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi. This is kind of a newbie question, but whenever someone calls me it only ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

aiyssa no está en línea Stack level 2

Not ringing when someone calls

Advertisement

Hi. This is kind of a newbie question, but whenever someone calls me it only vibrates and it does not ring. I'd like it to also ring. If it helps, I go to profiles (when I'm in the active profile mode) and I go to advanced settings for the active profile mode and I go to >phone and then I have for out of holster: vibrate and tone and for in holster: vibrate and tone. Both settings are also on the highest volume. Am I not changing the right settings? Thanks in advance.

Re: Not ringing when someone calls

Oh, and I tried a battery pull but that didn't do anything.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

What OS are you running?

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3

Those settings are pretty close to what I have. Actually, I have medium volume and it works fine. One thing you might want to check in the same settings is to make sure the Tune is valid (did you try changing ringtones??)...you might want to try changing the tune setting to something else...if you're T-Mobile, try the T-Jingle, since thats the one installed, then go from there.

How do I find out what OS I am running? I tried changing the ringtone but I changed it back and tried it again and it still didn't work. But it has worked a couple times? Like when I had my sister call the first time it did not work but when she called the second time it did. Another person called me and it worked also, but when I call from my house phone it does not work.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

It sounds like a tune issue. Make sure that you don't have a custom ringtone assigned in the exceptions as well (its under the advanced setting under profiles, scroll to the bottom). I had the same sort of problem when I assigned a ringtone from the mediacard I have installed. The device plays the tune fine during the preview and assigns it when I select it, but when the phone would ring, I get the same outcome that you did, just a vibrate without ring. I know that in the past there have been issues with devices where sometimes the card doesn't get powered up from the standby mode quick enough, so alot of times it is recommended to keep ringtones on the device memory as this is faster memory and powers up quickly and correctly. Try to assign ringtones that are stored on the device memory and not on the card (and make sure that they are compatible).

Quote Originally Posted by aiyssa
    How do I find out what OS I am running?
    Go to options-About. It should be the 3rd line down. Starts with v4.2....

Well when I changed all of the ringtones to ones that came with the phone it still didn't work. And the custom ringtones that I have are saved onto the phone because I don't have a memory card at all.

Okay the version is 4.2.0.73 platform 2.2.0.41

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

did you remember to save after you made your changes? sounds silly but that has kicked my butt more than once.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

I had this problem before and went crazy trying to figure it out... Turns out it was actually a hardware problem, but because I was never actually using the speaker phoen function on the phone I never realized it (I was only using a bluetooth speakerphone)

Before you go crazy changing all the settings make sure your phones speakerphone is working... if its not, then the speaker is blown so your best bet is to try and get it swapped out under warranty. If the speakerphone works, then its not a hardware issue.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

My question to you is are you talking about ringing while vibrating? If so, it will not do that. It will vibrate first and then ring. If not, ignore my question. lol

Zo

To answer all of your questions at once, yes I remembered to save it, but that's a problem I could see myself making. It always asks me if I want to save though. I just tried the speakerphone and it works fine. And it just vibrates the whole time there is no ringing.

But what's weird is that it randomly worked twice for me and then stopped again. Is there some kind of detector that if the phone that is calling you is near you then it won't ring? I think that would be kind of silly but the two calls that came in were not in my house. Although my mom did call me while we were in opposite sides of Target and it still did not ring.

I think your best bet is to just call your carrier and request a replacement.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

You do not possibly have "Do Not Disturb" turned on do you?? It is at the bottom of the profile setting screen where you select the tune and the vibrate+tone option settings?

Edit: Scratch that idea as I just tried it and the phone neither rings or vibrates.
    Last edited by squeakr; 07-05-2007 at 06:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast