Hello everybody, I am very excited about joining this forum and gaining some insight to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ryan335 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Not recognizing new sim card. HELP PLEASEE!

Advertisement

Hello everybody,
    I am very excited about joining this forum and gaining some insight to our awesome devices!

I have had my pearl since september(t-mobile) and it has been problem free untill now. About 2 weeks ago, i had a recurring problem of my phone constantly dropping my calls. Sometimes it would drop the call as soon as i hit the send button and other times it would fail in the middle of the conversation. This problem warrented a visit to the t-mobile store, where i was told that the reason this was happening is because i needed to do a software update. So i went home and did an update and it seemed to be working alright (better but not perfect) and now it has gotten much worse.

Now everytime i am on the phone the call fails. I went back the the t-mobile store today and they gave me a new sim card claiming it would fix any problems. Well since i got my new sim (6 hours ago) my phone has yet to recognise it at all and has been "searching for signal." In addition, it does not recognise my phone number (where it usually says your number on the home screen). To cap off all my frustration, now my internet browser is completly missing from my device and i can not seem to find it.

So here is my question: Does anybody know what is going on with my phone? Could it be a software problem? SIM problem? phone problem? Any advice you guys could offer would be immensly helpful!!!!!!!! I am desperate here. HELP!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Not recognizing new sim card. HELP PLEASEE!

I would say calling your carrier would be the best option.

I know! except i cant call! i'm heading back to tmobile ASAP tomorrow. Any insight on what is going on so i can sleep tonight?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Sounds like the SIM they gave you was not activated by the lack of your phone number being displayed, the "searching for signal" message and no browser. If the following doesn't work to resolve some of your issues, call or go back to T-Mobile (from a different phone unless the BB is the only phone you have).

To resolve the missing browser, go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table. Look for the BOLD entry and click on the trackball and select "Register Now!" on the menu. This will re-register your handheld on the network.

Next, go to the Setup Internet Email icon. Choose Service Books then OK. This will resend the service books and resend your Browser, Download Fun and Enterprise Activation icons.

After all of that, take out the battery for 30 seconds (and hold the power button) and then put it back in.

To regain your signal, use the Turn Wireless Off button. Wait a few seconds. Turn Wireless On.

I have seen somewhere that going to Application Loader in Desktop Software and resending the phone icon to the device helps some phone problems. Delete the phone icon and then try those steps.

If none of the above work, I'd be calling T-Mobile like I was the other day to get a new BB.

Thank you SO much Erica! I will be able to sleep tonight!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

You're welcome. I've dealt with searching for signal and losing my browser icon several times.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had the same issue before and that is exactly why I got an exchange.

BB Downloads
    www.*****.com